2006 ISDT RR - Day 1

Started by baxtermcc, October 29, 2006, 08:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtermcc

I think I found the true identity of Batman and Robin.  They started on minute 27 yesterday.  The Danik's were definitely looking like the dynamic duo when they went past me.

Brother Dave told me if I had a chance to pass Paul it would be my only chance to pass and ISDT vet.  Does leaving the starting line first qualify for a pass?  Boy the Pres is fast.

I know the club name is the Missouri Mudders, but they really didn't have to drive it home in the first 10 miles.  I know it poured down rail all day Friday, but I think they must have sent the VFD up there overnight to empty the tanks on the truck!  Paul and Chad when blazing right through it thought.  Did I say that guy is fast?

Well see if the ruts got any deeper overnight.  I suspect that John Deere may have been put to some use overnight, most like on the grass track to make some got ruts.  I suspect I know one guy who will go fast through those big, big ruts.  Chorus: "That Paul Danik guy is fast!"

Lew Mayer

Thanks for the report.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Bob,

It was a real pleasure spending time with you, brother Dave and your Dad at the event. I can tell you that getting to ride the event with Chad meant a lot to me, when he had to return to the start early on Sat. with his flat tire I missed him, thankfully we got his tire fixed and he got to ride all of Sundays super trails. Jack saw how much fun Chad and I were having and now he is talking about getting Ryan and Adam on a couple of Pentons for a future ISDTRR,  I even put a bug in Carl Cranke's ear about bringing his boys.

We had soft tires on our bikes which helped a lot, plus I had just put 14 inch rear shocks on my bike and that makes a real difference in getting the frame and pegs up out of the ruts along with helping to make the bike steer a bit quicker in the tight stuff.

What impressed me was seeing Ted del Solar win a Gold in the over seventy class, and how about seeing John Greenrose come pulling into the checks with his wooden leg and having only one eye, plus there was another rider on a Hodaka that had only one leg and he just cruised right along. John and the other gentleman with one leg are looking for another one legged rider for next year so that they can have a three man team with only three legs between them, I didn't make this up, they talked about it at the banquet!!  

I heard many guys say how neat it was to come down the trail and have Jack Penton and Dane Leimbach cheer them on while the man whose name is on the gas tank watched his namesake machines go by, YUP, there is more Gold at these events than just the shiny ones that they give out at the end.

One Proud and Happy Dad.

tlanders

Paul was awesome fast. Rosemary was standing with Jack Penton at the second special test on Saturday and she saw this guy go by blazingly fast and asked Jack who it was - "that was Paul"!!!

Lots of Pentons won Gold. GO PENTONS

Teddy

baxtermcc

I know the feeling from the other side Paul.  Getting to spend the weekend with Dad and Dave was just like going to the races years ago.  I'm not sure though how Dave got to be faster.  He easily has a distinct horsepower/weight advantage these days!!!!

I too missed Dave Sunday after his bike broke.  The trails may have been more fun on Sunday, but Dave didn't get to enjoy them with us.  He spent all day Saturday looking after me to make sure I stayed upright.  That really meant a lot to me.  And to top it all off, after I finished the trail on Sunday Dad and Dave jumped on the bike to get it ready for the motocross.  I felt like a factory rider.

My goal for next year - to make sure Dave's not waiting for me around the bend.  We're looking over the inventory to decide what twin bikes to ride next year.  Steel Tank Six Days in '04, Jackpiners in '06, ??? in '07.

Thanks to you and Chad for all the fun.

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I just want to echo what my brother and Paul have already said. It was a great weekend for sure !! Getting to go racing again with Bob and my Dad sure means alot to me. Was also very enjoyable to visit with the POG members in attendence as well as the all other racers. I'm already looking forward to next year. It sure was some tough sledding on Saturday but the Jackpiner handled the mud with flying colors. The bike was like a tractor and just kept pulling me through all the gnarly ruts and mud like nothing I've ridden before. Trails dried out remarkably well for Sunday and I was having a blast right up to the point where my transmission locked in 3rd gear ending my weekend. Hoping Chad and I will have better luck next year finishing the event. Oh yeah before I forget Bob.... I'll still be waiting for you around the bend next year because I don't plan to get any slower :D:D.
Dave McCullough