Wanted: Puch info

Started by mlake01, October 31, 2006, 12:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlake01

Can anyone help connect me with sources for early 70's Puch MX bike info?  Looking for frame/engine numbers, parts sources, fellow owners, etc.  I just picked up a(nother) project in the form of a 125 MX.  Sorry for the non-Penton content, but it is Austrian and it does start with a "P"...  ;)

Thanks,
Mike Lake
Bend, OR

Tony Price

Hi Mike,

I have a pretty spiffy 74 175 in enduro trim.

The owners and repair booklets pop up on the "bay" all of the time.

I have a number somewhere for a shop in Wisconson that I'll try and dig up for you.

I, for one, don't consider Puch to be off topic here considering it's strong ties to the Penton Organization.

Tony
Tony

dennis brown

mike, call motor west in mil. wis, they have all you need

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Kip Kern

Matt at Motor West can help, parts are very reasonable.  I have a "73" 175 MX and a Puch powered Pathfinder Greeves.  Pretty cool bikes all  in all!  I have rebuilt a few of the engines and they are not too difficult.

hrbay

Hi Mike, I've a few 125's and 175's ...would recommend Matt at MotorWest, he is a racer/enthusiast and knows these bikes. If you have a specific question, this is a great forum to use.

GC
GC

Tony Price

Sooo, time for the random cast and hope to hook someting......

Anyone have an end cap or entire Selintium Silencer for a Six Day Puch pipe?

I have the long part that goes down into the pipe but not the end piece.

Tony
Tony

smkt342

Tony, look on ebay, there is a new on on there right now.

Keith

hrbay

Tony, if you are thinking about the current ebay item be aware that it is for the 71-72 side pipe, a smaller diameter muffler and cap than what you are seeking I think. While on the subject of Puch's does anyone know anything of a competition gearbox for the Puch's? The SDP 74' parts book illustrated one, but I have never seen or heard about any being available.

GC
GC