Ebay 250 harescrambler

Started by shpclay, November 22, 2006, 10:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shpclay

New member, although have been keeping up with the posts since 2001. Does anyone know this bike or have any thoughts about it. Just bought a 76 250 Penton from Tom (dkwracer) can't wait for delivery.

Steve

76 250 WR Husky
76 250 penton
71 Honda trail 90
2002 Aprilia Futura

Steve Clay
Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

shpclay

thought about bidding on this bike, I wanted some input on this 250, It looks like a pretty good bike. The one I'm getting from Tom may be too nice to want to race.

steve

Steve Clay
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

chicagojerry

steve, if you are refering to the bike that i have listed on ebay, you need to describe it a little more if anyone is going to know what you are refering to. like the listing #
 but if i was announcing it here i would have put the message under the wanted/for sale segment of this board. but i'm just replying to your inquiry. i'm on this message board quite a bit and a member of POG too. this a great group of people with a lot of expertise in the world of penton motorcycles.
i wish that i didn't have to sell it, its probably the nicest vintage bike i have, (and i have quite a few) i just can't keep them all and money is tight. my intent was to build this and keep it around for myself to ride but even more so, i was going to have todd morain, a factory ktm guy ride it at a few nationals. but i still have a 400 that he can ride and some more bikes that i need to finish.  welcome to pentonland.      chicago jerry

shpclay

thanks. I probably wouldn't want another except a bought a 250 76 wr and can never get it started, getting a little frustrated. I may go back and put the orignal bing on it. I may want the bike, thanks for the reply.

Steve Clay
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

Rain Man

Hey Steve, We can probably help you trouble shoot your Wr Too !!
 Is that a Husky or a ...?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

shpclay

I really think it is me more than the bike, although it seems to way to rich. I haven't even ridden it yet because I had to put the stock length shocks on it, couldn't get on it. Now I can but still can't start it. My son can start it, so I may just give it to him. I'm sure I can start the penton I just bought. Huskys were always a little hard to start, starter way to short. thanks

Steve Clay
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

lksseven

Steve,

I have a '77 Husky 250 that always scares me a little bit to kickstart it - sometimes it kicks back!

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

shpclay

I had a new 74 400 wr back in 74, you had to put on motocross boots to even think about starting it. Never had a problem with any pentons. Really don't know why I bought this WR thing runs great if I could get it started. It has a mikuni but I can get the orignal bing. The mikuni doesn't seem to work just right.

Steve Clay
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90