spray can cmf green?

Started by sixdazed, November 28, 2006, 10:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

A while back someone posted a spray can match to the cmf green color.Does anyone remember what that was?I need to touch up some side covers.Rustoleum was the paint brand i think-maybe forest green but usually that's too dark-i already have probably a dozen different green spray cans with 1 squirt missing, trying to match it-no dice!I wrote it down somewhere but you know how that goes....Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Ric,
  This may have been the post you were talking about?

Count me in as a "rattle can" vet, guys. I'm with Conrad on the PJ1 KTM silver for the frame. Great stuff. As with any paint work, prep is always the key. Invest in a can of "virgin solvent - wax and grease remover" from a paint store, for use as your final surface prep, after blasting and/or sanding. Remember too, to work in warm, dry conditions. I've really messed up by trying to paint with too much humidity present. Also, beware of condensation, created by painting cold parts in a just-heated garage. Leave plenty of time for everything to warm up and dry out. Besides the PJ1 brand of paint, I've had great luck using Rustoleum "Professional Grade". I even used some of it to do a Six-Day tank. That brand's GREEN matched up really well, looks great, and has held up. Got some questions for you guys, though. Mick, where did you get that "Fusion" brand? Guys, I've seen the tank Mick is referring to, and it looks pro. Also, for Randy: What brand/type of paint did you do your pipe with? I tried investing in some expensive stuff from the Eastwood Company, but it didn't look right or hold up at all. Finally, if you guys ever want to do up a motor to really look neat, consider another one of PJ1's offerings. It is "Yamaha Silver Barrel" paint. It's hi-temp (made for cylinders and heads), is metallic, and looks awesome! Might be a bit too much for the Penton motors, but I've done others with it, where I was hoping for a fancier look, and was really pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Ted Guthrie

Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Ron

Hi Ric,
So you don't waste your (money) time on Rustoleum #V2133 Safety Green, it doesn't match.
There may be other greens, but this ones not it.
Does anyone have the Rustoleum ## for "Professional Grade Green"?
RonW

G Ellis

Ric.. are you looking for the dak green, like the photos of Larry's 73 250? If so email me and I can send you some or let you know the color. Later Gary

sixdazed

Guys,Thanks for the input.What i'm looking for is a match for the cmf 125 6 days paint.Found it-hunter green-#7538 rustoleum,thanks to ohio Ted's post.Sounds like it's pretty close-we shall see.Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

DKWRACER

Hi Ric, if you can verify that the green spray bomb is the right match, I would like to update my website with that info as is in TBD category...Thanks! Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

sixdazed

As soon as i find it and try it i'll pass results along.Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

Ron

Hi guys,
I got a can of Rustoleum #7538 Hunter Green at Home Depot and tried it on a scrape piece.
I would say its just a bit more green than the original, but would still look very close/nice, if all the parts were done.
I'm going try doing just the side panel and see how it looks.
If I don't like the match I'll do the tank also.
RonW

sixdazed

Thanks Ron,Looks like its off to Home Depot.This kind of info sharing sure saves us time and $$$.Thanks again,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

rob w

Just thought I'd throw out this other option for a cheap-o off-the-shelf spray can green paint .
Other than the usual Rustoleum, Dupli-Color, and Krylon greens, which I could not find a decent match for Six-Day parts, Hare Scrambler, and MC5 number plate backgrounds.
I found this is the best match.
Ace paint is manufactured / supplied from Krylon, BUT Ace paints are their own seperate / different colors than Krylon.
I'm pretty sure there are Ace Hardware stores in all 50 states.

Mike Schulz

Thanks for the new information regarding a good match for six day green Rob!

LeeBuff

Do we also have a Red spray can match for the CMF Berkshire & Hare Scrambler ?   Thanks, Lee

gooddirt

A off the rack Rattle Can is good for a rider not a OEM color matched restore. You will never find a True match to any of the Penton paints in a ready spray can. 30 can's and counting......

VICTOR MONZ

Smitty's auto paint in Hemet, CA can match anything, very well.  He makes up spray cans, the best I have ever used, no clogging, spitting, etc.  

I may even have the mix design I used on a recent blend and need a couple cans myself, he typically has a minimum due to the mixing special.  Well worth the money.

E-mail me if interested. [email protected]

Jason Rowland

If you're a bit closer to a Home Depot or other big box than Smitty's, you could give this a whirl:
http://www.preval.com/what-is-preval
They're not the only roll-your-own spray bomb, either.