POGGER in for repairs

Started by Paul Danik, December 03, 2006, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

A good friend and Hero to many of us will be going under the knife tomorrow morning to have a hip replacement done.  Dane Leimbach's surgery is scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow morning, according to Dane it should normally take about an hour and a half, but his may take a bit longer as there are some screws that need to be removed from the original repair of the hip a few years back.

I know I speak for the entire POG family when I wish Dane the best of luck with his surgery.  

Paul

firstturn

Dane will be in My Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

Good Luck Dane, Debbie and I were discussing your surgery this afternoon. We will be praying for a swift recovery.  Hopefully this will mean that you might actually get to ride the ISDTR next fall.
Best wishes,
Dwight & Debbie Rudder

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tmc3c

Dane will be in my prayers also.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

Dane,

It is just another Special Test Section in life and you will score Gold.  We are all with you!

Larry P

Tony Price

Best of luck Dane, and welcome to the club of "After Market" performance parts........

Speaking of POGGERS on the upswing, I got to spend a few minutes talking with Jack at Last Man Standing this weekend.

He's looking good and was being about the greatest cheering section anyone could ask for at a tough climb near the end.  He was clearly enjoying the event.  It might have helped that his guy Knighter was busy schooling the entire field[:p]

Tony
Tony

chicagojerry

dane, i hope that you have a speedy recovery. god bless
chi jer

Lew Mayer

Dane, Good Luck on your surgery and get well soon.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

jay cohen

Best of luck to one of my favorite riders when I was a kid. To do what he did on 100cc Berks was incredible.

Paul Danik

I just recieved word that Dane called in to report that the surgery went well.  It seems that he stayed awake during the entire event and just had his lower body numbed for the procedure.  Knowing Dane he probably watched and made few good suggestions.:)

I had made mention to Dane to have the Doc save any of the removed parts as Penton related items as going strong on Ebay, who knows.....

Paul

Rocketman

Good luck to Dane.   Man are we all geting old or what?

Lord, please let me be more like the person my dog thinks I am.

72 Six-Days
72 Six-Days

bentrims

Paul,
I did that for a knee surgery. Man was it cool to see it on TV...I guess they would call that in real time now days.

I would not advise it because it turned out that the needle in the spine hurt more than the knee operation itself during recovery stage.

It was fascinating at the time. Best wishes for a speedy healing Dane.
TB

Dwight Rudder

I got ill trying to watch my knee surgery.  Glad things went well.  I couldn't have stayed awake. Hit me in the head with a hammer first !
Wimp

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

sixdazed

Dane, Good luck with the new hip-is it titanium?Later,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Just visted with Jack Penton and he said Dane was alert and talking on the phone....something about PVL?  Must be a new wonder drug...seriously he was answering questions regarding his work.  Thanks for everyones Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh