wanted 73 hare scrambler pictures

Started by auto, December 20, 2006, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shpclay

Here is the link to the 73 I bought from Larry.

http://shp43.smugmug.com/photos/118135565-S.jpg

Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

auto

What I have is two bikes both 73 250's.Not as early as I thought,but still hare scramblers.
54-30967825 /  54-31068668  
The october bike has a right side frame/pipe cover. The sept bike didn't or it was missing.I still like to see pics with alum fenders but I will probably do it up with a old original ABS Faulk style rear fender I have.Would like to try to find a front fender that is on Larry's calender bike.I have a picture of carl Cranke on his 250,I swear there's a center stand on it.I'm sure it was his add on.Any body ever see something like that.Right now the cases are out getting some welding done,but in pretty good mechianical shape.I do need 2 cyl studs and the split needle bearings are not the best of shape if any one can help.Please keep posting any pics because there are very few  hare scrambler out there in enduro trim.
Thanks again Joe Adomaitis

tofriedel

Joe,

On the split needle bearings, check with KTM, I believe thet have want you need.  Just have the part number handy.

Tony
Tony

auto

Ya that's the ticket.That's the look I want.How many total pictures are in the attachment? See I was right, they did use a center stand.Anyway all that's left is time and money.
Joe A

firstturn

Joe A,
  We added centerstands after we bought the bikes.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bbeck3100

Dear Auto:

I restored an early 73 Hare Scrambler about 3 yrs ago. There's a pic in the Feb 05 featured bikes. The bike came w/plastic fenders and a toaster tank and enduro kit. I wanted an MXer, so I sold the enduro kit but still have the tank. It is interesting in that they painted a green tank, and none too weell.......

Blair Beck

auto

Do you want to sell the Tank?email me [email protected]
Thanks joe

Kip Kern

"Keep Em Winning", April 1973 shows the first 250 Mint Penton, Gold enduro tank with aluminum fenders front and rear.  Black twin tip pipe, Flat back silver front headlamp with large "floppy" rear taillamp (mounted on rubber).  I think it was Issue #25 but I don't have it here at work.  CIAO;)

Paul Danik

Kip,
   I looked it up and it is issue #25.  When I first read your post I wondered if the picture may have been sent over from the factory, but the picture in the Keep'em Winning was taken right in front of the Penton R & D building. I don't know how many were built with the aluminum fenders but that one surely has them on it.  I have looked at sales literature for a picture such as that and as of now have not found one with those fenders on it.
Paul

Kip Kern

Paul,  I know that there were a few sold here in Indiana!;)