Motorcycle lift

Started by Paul Danik, December 21, 2006, 07:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGTech

Raymond,

That lift looks exactly like the one that I got from Greg Smith Equipment Co. Are these made in the US or off shore?

The one I got from Greg Smith Equipment Co, is made in China by a company whose name at the moment, I can't remember. The company is a world wide organization that makes stuff for Sears too.

Dane

behindbars

Rob, those display stands are awesome! I've been looking for ways to mount some of my bikes for display, but it looks like your way ahead of me. I'd like to come up with a mounting setup that would allow me to mount bikes to the ceiling horizontally. I'd gladly pay you for your time to come up with something if your interested???? Oh yea....MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone:D

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

Paul Danik

My search is over, and I appreciate all of the feedback.  One of our POG members had a Handy lift that he wasn't using much and he offered it up if I was interested.  I went last night to Randy Kirkbride's and picked up the lift.  Chad and I unloaded it at the shop this morning and it sure works fine.

Thanks again Randy, not only for the lift but also for the fine hospitality. I found out a bit more about Randy's Penton racing history and found it quite interesting.

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
It was a pleasure having you visit last night. You are welcome here anytime. I hope the lift will work out OK for you. I know you'll give it a lot more use than I was.

Everyone else,
How cool was this... Six Day Rider & Penton hero standing in my garage listening to my racing stories. Thanks Paul.

rob w

Ron, and James ,
 Thanks for the + (pos) feedback - I'll call you in the next day or two.
Bob

Kip Kern

Dane,  The Team Hawg Lift is the same as the Greg Smith model only $160 cheaper!  Both are made "across the pond"

firstturn

Rob,
  Sounds good...Saturday probably the best for me.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Ron,
Okay, talk to you on Sat.
Bob

behindbars

Hi Bob. I'll be at the shop from 10am to 7pm. I'd have called you already, but I can't recall where I put your phone number......stupid brain. [:o)] Just in case your organizational skills are a match for mine, here's my number. 269 683-1600.

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

behindbars

Hi Bob. I'll be at the shop from 10am to 7pm. I'd have called you already, but I can't recall where I put your phone number......stupid brain. [:o)] Just in case your organizational skills are a match for mine, here's my number. 269 683-1600.

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

Paul Danik

About a year has gone by and besides the Handy lift I bought from Randy I also bought a Harbor Freight lift last winter.  I went past a Harbor Freight store and just had to stop, for less than $ 300.00 I bought a lift for my basement work area, the Handy lift is at the other shop, love them both. The Harbor frieght lift has the foot pump and it works great for the $$.
  I just recieved a Harbor Freight sale paper which made me think to post this, if you need a Christmas gift these lifts are wonderful...
1000 lb. motorcycle lift lot # 91764 Reg. $ 349.00  sale $ 296.00
word of warning, have some help to unload the lift as they are heavy...
Thanks again for all the information.
Paul

skiracer

Hey Paul,

35 years ago I built a table 6'6" long by 2'6" wide, and 18" high to work on my bikes.  I use a ramp to get the bike up on the table, and then I have used either a milk crate or a bike stand to support the bike.  The entire engine is about 4' off the ground, so it is very easy to work on anything you have to.  It is easy to make, and will last a life time!

Motor on!

James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tofriedel

Pep Boys has the same lift as Harbor Freight on sale while supplies last for $199.  Check it out.

Tony
Tony

chicagojerry

i have one of these and i love it.  price is right too   sometimes it can be found for less than 100$ on ebay, brand new

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-MOTOCROSS-SCISSOR-LIFT-STAND-CRF-YZ-CR-RM-KX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ024QQitemZ370004219966QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW  
    chi jer