Highly Recommend New Magazine

Started by jay cohen, December 28, 2006, 10:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay cohen

I got my first issue of Classic Dirt Bike and it's fantastic. Subscriptions for AHRMA members are reduced now($40) according to Lee Cowie at Motorsport in Missouri. Lee has a website at motorsportpublications.com  I think it's going to be better than VMX.  Mick Andrews has a monthly column and he has some great words about the current state of classic motorcycle sport in the states and how we do things better compared to the Brits.

farmer58za

Got my first edition yesterday. I had a relative buy it and post it over to me. A nice publication!

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

farmer58za

Got my first edition yesterday. I had a relative buy it and post it over to me. A nice publication!

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

leoheyman

back in the late 70*s and early 80*s  lee cowie had a small
motorcycle shop in south st louis.   he was the european bike
importer par excellence at the time.  i heard he retired to
the missouri countryside and am glad to see he is not out
of the motorcyle business completely.
i need to get a copy of classic dirt bike.

leoheyman
leoheyman

jay cohen

Lee has been trying to sell his business for a year or so now.  I spoke with him at Mid Ohio, he had a great display of books and magazines for sale.  I stopped in his shop once when he was in
St. Louis, it was a flippin' museum.  I wish I bought some of his old Bultaco roadbikes, they could of been had for a song in the 70s.

Paul Danik

I met Lee through the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club a number of years ago.  He would bring his van loaded with books to their August rally each year and set up a display.  He is one really nice guy.  He had a few of his prized bikes stolen a few years back and I really felt bad for him, he has some very unusual and interesting machines.  Hopefully someone will buy his business and let him retire.
Paul