High Quality Fasteners

Started by desmond197, January 07, 2007, 08:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

Does any one have a source for high quality aircraft type fasteners?
I would like to have some new high quality bolts on my race bike for items like shocks,handlebars and footpegs.

DKWRACER

I think boltdepot.com was mentioned, and Kip has info on Wickes aircraft supply (hope I got the spelling right)
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

Pratt & Whitney Aircraft may have some used fasteners available.  Biggest problem with their fasteners is, theres nothing in your tool box that fit them !! :D
  All kidding aside, Fastenal sells a good selection of SS and standard metric fasteners.
 maybe GE...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

rob w

Speaking of a source for fasteners - this is the Austrian company (est. in 1842) that supplied KTM with alot of the original fasteners I've found on my Pentons, from 1970 through 1977. If you're familiar with some of the original screws and bolts from a Penton, I'm sure you've seen the raised letters on the heads that say - SCHMID 8.8 (Schmid is the company name, and 8.8 is the grade of steel)

I'm not sure what my point is here, I have no plans to call them and order a 1/2 ton of bolts. Just thought it was an interesting find.

http://www.thomasglobal.com/search/company.asp?r=4&a=00206594&hid=000000

bentrims

Rob that is an interesting find.

Check out the selection at //www.racebolts.com they are in San Diego and have aluminum, stainless, steel and titanium washers, bolts, and screws.  They are set-up for direct Paypal transactions.
Tom B