Wassell part needed

Started by 3putt, January 15, 2007, 10:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

Wishing to purchase a Wassell Brake backing plate (holds the brake shoes) to complete a project.  I've been told there are 2 different types, but all those I have seen were the same unit, and used on the front or rear.  I think the Wassell Tyran might have also been the same unit.  I have a photo of the unit I need.  You can reach me at [email protected], or 724-745-4231.
Regards,   Nelson McCullough

Kip Kern

Nelson

I think Rickman parts will work too, give her a look!  See you at the POG meeting.

sixdazed

Nelson,I have an REH front backing plate assy.I'm pretty sure it came off a Rickman.I also have a complete Tyran so i'll look at it and compare the two if you still need one.Later,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

3putt

Kip and Ric,  Thanks for reply.  Ric, you have mail coming with a photo of the unit front and back of what I am needing.  Let me know how it compares to what you have please.  Regards,   Nelson

Bob Seymour

Nelson,
Apparantly your in my area as we share the same area code. I was just up at Steve Dorekams(spelling?) place getting a few parts for my KTM projects. Steve has a motorcycle salvage operation above Butler,Pa with two buildings filled with parts and bikes end to end,top to bottom literally! Low and behold, I said whats that over there?
It is a Tyran,Steve sez. Bike looked to be somewhat complete. I imagine it will either be parted or sold in its entirety. Let me know if you think this would cross reference or be of help towards what your looking for?
Bob

sixdazed

Bob,Do you have that salvage yards phone #.I need a gas tank and some odds and ends for this Tyran if i decide to put it together.Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

3putt

Hi Bob, Thanks for the info.  I live near Washington PA, on the other side of the city from Butler.  I had a Tyran and sold it a few years ago, and the wheels hubs on it were like my Wassell trials bikes.  Please send me the phone number of the salvage yard at [email protected].  Regards,    Nelson McCullough