alligator

Started by shpclay, January 21, 2007, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shpclay

Any one riding going to ride this. One of the organizers told me that he didn't think it would be very wet. Also, does anyone know a good place to camp.

Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

Dwight Rudder

From my experiance the Alligator is a swampfest.  Do you always believe the organizer ?
Dwight  :D

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Lew Mayer

NEVER believe the organizer!:D

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

shpclay

Yes you are correct I have ridden it about 5 times and I can remember some of them where you couldn't even finish. What about the camping

Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

VintageChadwick

Hi, new to the board but if your talking the alligator enduro down in Daytona the I might be able to answer your question.  I think the Daytona Dirt Riders web site will have info on the event.  (it's a pre-enter only)  I've road it for a couple of years now and it's been carb deep water to totally dry like last year....I'll take the wet!!! That dry sand sucked it out of me.  Camping can be had at the enduro site just on the edge of Daytona starting on I believe Sunday or Monday and the race is on Thursday.

Good luck, Aaron

Paul Danik

Aaron,

First off, welcome to the group.  Thanks for the information about the alligator, I know that a couple of the guys rode their Pentons in that event last year, maybe you saw them.

What bike did you use last year?

Again, welcome aboard.
Paul

VintageChadwick

Paul, thanks for having me on the site.  I did see some nice vintage rides the last couple years down in Daytona.  I've made it a regular trip the last 4 years....it's a great way to start off the year after winter in MO.  Heading that way again this year and thought....ha-ha....just for second, of riding my JP instead of the 04 WR250f but the thought deminished quickly as the memories of barely making it on the modern bike resurfaced.  I like to hit the swap meet, take in the GNCC, ride the Alligator, spend a few bucks at the auction, then head back to beautiful SW MO rejuvinated about the coming year.

WHOOHOO is it really only another month away.

shpclay

Thanks for the info aaron.I use to live down their and it can be really wet or dry. So you never know. I'm going to ride my 76 250 in this but I don't want to ruin it but this is what it is made for, never ruined one before. If anything will go through water it is a penton. The 73 I,m riding at hardrock, should be a fun week.

Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90