Penton EX.

Started by thrownchain, February 16, 2007, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Go to VintageMonark.com,  go to swapmeet section, [upper right].
scroll down, looking for ads  #3225539  and 3115538. Claims to fit mid to late 70's MC 5's.

Big Mac

$475 apiece?? I think I'll fly to Italy, buy pipes from the guy replicating them there, pay for airfare and still come out ahead.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Chakka

Those pipes are for 74-75 big bore Penton's ...250cc & or 400cc, The one with the chrome tip is the enduro model the other an MX pipe. I doubt they will fit the MC style frame without rework. Jon I am with you on the price, I need to find somebody who speaks Italian. The pipes shown on the Italian site are a thing of beauty!
Chris

tofriedel

For what it is worth.

Through a friend of mine in Europe, I have done a little research on the pipes made in Italy by Pillondorino.  The costs are not what you believe them to be, based on my information.

Complete pipes for 1973 through 1976 bikes (250 & 400) run between $495 to $530 US funds.  You then have to ship them back and pay whatever duties are required.

My wife is going to Italy in June and I am hoping she can visit the Pillondorino factory to get more information on all of his products.

Currently, Pillondorino does not manufacture complete pipes for 100, 125, & 175's, but are in the process to do so.  They do offer the mid sections for these pipes at $100 each.

Tony
Tony