A "Penton Racer's Story"........

Started by DKWRACER, March 19, 2007, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Hi poggers, this last w/e, was the first race for the Rocky Mtn. Region (07).
Located on the eastern plains of Colorado, is a sleepy little town of Brush. Usually quite demure, with the humdrum of farmers and people goinging their own way......
Venturing out, my racing partner and I, left Denver on Sat. afternoon, to find us a bunker to hole up fer the night.
Weather was very good @ 73 for race day.
I took only one bike, a desert Mint 400. My hopes, were to re-kindle the vintage spirit that lives within.
I entered PV Historic 500, and Vintage +50.
A silly mistake happened during moto #1 (PV). Was in second giving chase to my roommate on a Husky, on the last lap, he suffered a mechanical breakdown approx. 6 corners from the finish line...I slowed down, convincing my self of a 1st in moto one..NOT!!! Out of the LH corner of my eye, comes the third place rider, and proceeded to blast into first, blew right by me, how stupid?
Well, this sorta sets up a tie breaker situation for the afternoon activities, now don't it.
Totally embarrised, I was.
What emotions I had, needed to be under control, but I was on a Penton, and that gave me some Inspiration.
Relying on past experiences, in the same situation, I must distance myself from my competetor, who now leads me, due to my dumb mistake.

The only recourse I had, was to get the hole-shot, and hopefully leave him behind.........But I was on a Penton 400, it could be done.

I made the hole-shot, was passed in firsturn by several blacks n yellows, but I was on a Penton, why worry?

In the end, I got to go racing...on a Penton

And saw David Lindemann, perform magic on a 6 day's.

I did come home with two firsts, I don't think this would ever have happened, if I went to another brand........

Thanks,
Tom Brosius [^]
Thomas Brosius

Rocket

Tom
Well written and brought a smile to my face. :)
Rod

Paul Danik

Tom,

Nothing like a win to "re-kindle the vintage spirit that lives within".

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your experiance with us.

Paul