1970 what axles

Started by pentons4evr, March 22, 2007, 08:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pentons4evr

I have three steeltankers and they all have different axles. 2 of them are deffinetley 70's and the other I have no idea.(no frame no.s) One of them has a round end with the rod through the center, one with a hex end with rod through the center,and the other has a hex end with the rod welded on the end not in the center?I will be selling at least one of these and I would like to make sure I keep the correct one for mine. thank you for any help.If you have rectal cranial disease and don't understand that this site is to help people with pentons not to add your little comments for no apparent reason. thank you to all the real penton lovers that understand this.

rcrump1

If you go to the POG home page you will see a selection in the menu for "Steel Tank Project" Click that selection and at the bottom of the page that comes up there will be a selection for image help or something like that. There are about 40 or 50 pictures of various aspects of the steel tanker. Toward the end of these pictures are two showing different steel tank front axle ends. See if either match yours. The parts on steel tankers changed over time so all of your axles may be correct.
Happy hunting
Richard