steeltank exhaust

Started by pentons4evr, April 08, 2007, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pentons4evr

I know that this has been listed before and I did try to search for it but the search didn't come up with the info on the pipes.I cant remember if it was the ace pipes listed in the suppliers or not.thanks again.I did find a couple extra steeltank fender mounts that someone had posted a need for and they either don't need it any more or haven't seen my reply to their post.

Dave Stype

I got a pipe for my steel tanker from Circle F Exhaust. I haven't tried it for fit yet, as the motor isn't in the frame, but it looks nice and fits the end cap and internal baffle that Al sells. I have two other pipes that they made for 1972 six days and they work fine.  If I remember correctly, the guy that you need to talk to there is Kevin.     Happy Easter everyone   Dave

Dave Stype
Dave Stype

Kip Kern

Currently, I am working with Kevin to build 68-69 ST pipes for a few projects.  I sent some original photos for him to check out and with some luck, using these photos and an original pipe, the pipes can possibly be reproduced in the future.  Kevin has been a great help in getting things done.  As far as fork gaitors for the 68-69 ST bikes are concerned, the prototypes are approved and will be available in the future from Al B.:D

t20sl

Kip:  That's great news on the fork gators!  I don't know if this was mentioned but hopefully Kevin might be talked into using a gage or 2 heavier than his normal pipes on the ST pipes.  I think, but not sure, that they were heavier material than the later pipes.  Kevin makes great looking pipes but I believe he's working with a lighter material sometimes.  Those early steel tankers are rough on pipes due to no rubber mounting and need all the help they can get.  Ted