Steel Tanker Tank Questions

Started by AndyL, May 20, 2007, 02:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

Now that my Jackpiner is gone, I am going to get my 70 Steeltanker going.  I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

With the tanks getting hard to find and the gas caps getting expensive, I thought I would see what else would fit.

Does anyone know of an alternate gas cap that would fit the steeltanker?

And/or does anyone know of a specific tank that would be a good replacement for the steel tank on the steeltankers?

Thanks for all the support over the years

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
1970 Steeltanker
83 YZ 100 and 250
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Paul Danik

Andy,

Some of the tanks and caps do go for a good bit on the auction block, but they are still around for a fair price, remember that half the fun is the hunt!

If you haven't talked to Alan Buehner yet about a tank, you may wish to give him a call, he may have something that will work.

I wonder if a Sachs or DKW tank might fit????

Paul

AndyL

Thanks Dane.  I know the hunt is the thing, but I am getting antsy to get it on the road with more than a temperary fuel bottle.

I also got some info from Teddy on the tanks.  Thanks again Teddy and see you this weekend.

I have a tank from a Monark (plastic yellow, stamped with SUPERSTAR PRODUCTS) that may fit.

I am going to hit a bike junk yard and go through the "tank trailer" and see what may fit, as well as chase an idea from a buddy on some unconventional sources to find something that would fit for now.

Andy #14u
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA