Phast Phil's vintage KTM

Started by pketchum, May 24, 2007, 12:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Very nice bike Phil! I can't wait to here how the Ohlins work, they look very trick. Thanks for for the tip on the bars.

Will your plater take parts UPSed to him and ship them back? Those parts make a nice finishing touch.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

454MRW

Gary,
Funny, I sent Phil the exact same 1980 GS picture. By the way Phil, your perception of what I might be able to do when I set my mind on something is very much highly over rated, but I appreciate the friendship! Friends and Pentons/KTM's are the greatest, and friends WITH Penton/KTM's are even better! Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

pketchum

Dennis,

I just dropped off my new kickstand to be nickel plated today Lee's Summit, MO.  I asked Steve if he would accept UPS parts sent to him and ship them back and he said, "Sure." He would include a bill in the return shipment which would be for the plating + return shipping.

He's been charging me what I consider very reasonable rates for my items, mostly $5.00 each item (ie. shift lever, kickstarter).  The small kickstand bracket + the kickstand it self will cost me $15.  This is for the dull nickel plating they refer to as "Electroless Nickel".  The also offer "Hard Chrome Plating" but I haven't seen any of that work, or needed any done.  The average turnaround time has been amazing at 2-3 days, usually 2.  They always bead blast the parts to remove any contaminants and any old plating before the include it with another batch of parts.  The mostly do industrial plating and don't do others like zinc, galvenized, etc. etc.

To avoid any problems please call and speak with Steve to make sure you're both on the same wavelength & have the same understanding of about what's to be done before sending anything in the mail.

ChromeWright Inc.
97 East Oldham Parkway
Lee's Summit, MO  64081
(816) 525-5417
Steve Schmidt (General Manager)
[email protected]

I hope this helps!  I've been quite pleased with every aspect of their work.

Phil

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis Jones

Very nice bike Phil! I can't wait to here how the Ohlins work, they look very trick. Thanks for for the tip on the bars.

Will your plater take parts UPSed to him and ship them back? Those parts make a nice finishing touch.

Dennis Jones
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Dennis Jones

Thanks a million Phil,

That is very useful information. POGrs are the greatest.

BTW back to your question, I like the yellow decal on the tank.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

pketchum

Dennis, I found this article on ChromeWright while surfing for for it with Google (it's the first link in Google).

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3698/is_199401/ai_n8726387

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka