Injury forces sale

Started by Mick Milakovic, May 24, 2007, 08:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Not really, but I thought it would attract attention [}:)]  I have two bikes I need to sell; and I thought I'd try here before they go to eBay.  Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you pictures, or call me at 765-891-1185 and we'll talk.

The first is a barn-fresh 1976 KL250 Kawasaki.  You know the old story:  it ran when it was put away, but that appears to be some years ago!  It's a complete bike, but no title.  I haven't done any evaluation on the engine, carb, spark, etc, so I don't know much about it except it's complete.  I'd like to get $200 for it.

The second is a 1978 Honda XL100.  I started making a pit bike out of it and tried to make it a "Pentonda" theme and here's what I have done:  new front and rear tires (Cheng Shin), new Penton seat cover, Penton front fender, painted the tank Berkshire Red with rattle can and had John Penton sign it at Mid-Ohio in '04.  I stripped all the lights off and cut any unnecessary brackets to make it lighter, cut off the huge muffler and welded a stainless steel connecter to a DG muffler.  The bike does not run, as I cut the battery and unnecessary wiring and was going to put a battery eliminator on it (Accel part no. 151308 and is at //www.mawonline.com or 1-800-241-2222).  That's as far as I got with it.  I'd like to get $300 for it.

I'm selling both bikes because my wife hasn't worked since Christmas with illness, 7 times in the emeregency room since Christmas, and she went back in the hospital last night at 2am.  I'm trying to thin out my bikes with the ones that don't mean as much as the real Pentons and Huskys, hopefully it won't get to that point.  

Thanks All, Mick.

Mick

Dennis Jones

Mick, Give Mrs. Mick our best and we hope for a speedy recovery.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

Hope your "better half" gets well soon.
I'll have to think about the KL 250.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Mick Milakovic

Hey Lew, she's definitely the "better half".  Nothing like a couple of cookies and an ace bandage to brighten the spirit, right?! :D

Mick

Mick Milakovic

Thanks for the responses and kind words, everyone.  The bikes went on eBay tonight.  Hope everyone had a nice memorial day. :)

Mick