Off Brand Bikes for Sale or Trade

Started by hotrod392, May 28, 2007, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod392

I have decided to thin out my herd somewhat to get some of my Penton "projects" moving and thought I would offer them here first before they go to E-bay.

--Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1970, 750 cc. This bike was found in a local barn and needs a full restoration. I have cleaned it up and have had it running and driving. The motor sounds good internally, but does smoke out one bank. The bike is fairly complete but definitely needs TLC to make it streetable. I can send photos and a complete description to anyone who is interested. Would make and excellent parts bike if nothing else. Includes a set of Wixom fiberglass saddle bags in good condition  $1500 obo

--Wards Riverside 250 street bike. This one was in the same barn and is complete. It runs / drives (needs a battery) and sounds good. Motor doesn't smoke and seems fine. Tires are believed to be original Pirelli's (cracked) and paint is original (although faded). Details and photos on request. Includes NOS speedometer kit and handlebar assembly (bars, levers, grips, throttle assy).  $700 obo

Would prefer to sell them outright, but might consider trades for Pentons or other 60's / 70 era dirtbikes (Montesa, Ossa, Husky, etc)

I do not have a title for either bike, but it doesn't seem to be a problem to get one thru one of the title services (//www.its-titles.com)

Can deliver to Mid Ohio for reasonable cost.
Shane Weckerly 270-843-3660 evenings (Kentucky)

kaferacer

Hotrod,

I think your prices are a little high. I am not trying to be insulting but most of us in the "circle" are on a poor mans budget.

kaferacer

Hugh "Mac"Donald
(Kermac Vintage Motorcycles

1972 Penton   125mx
1973 Monark   125mx
1972 Aspes    125mx
1971 Dalesman 125mx
1971 Sprite   125mx
1972 Tyran    125mx
1973 Premier  125mx
1974 Alouette 125mx
1972 DKW      125mx
1978 SWM      125mx

hotrod392

Fair enough comment. I am open to offers and had to start somewhere.

firstturn

Hugh,
  I disagree with you statement.  I hope everyone with any deal will post it here.  As you know I offer good deals here along with parts and/or bikes that are expensive.  I hope more people post any and all items here.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Wanna see high prices, start dealing with  Norton Commandos :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

slvrbrdfxr

Raymond,
One of my riding buddies has a sister-in law with a 68 Norton Commando basket case and she has been bugging him to buy it from her. She's wanting $200 for the bike. Are you saying it might be worth the price ?? If so I'll tell my friend to buy it. Let me know.
Dave McCullough

Rain Man

You bring that bike to Mid Ohio and I'll give you 500 bucks for it, sight unseen.
 A broken down old bike can be repaired.  its just when all the major components are missing or disassembled, it ads to the builders cost,
 I find it a heck of a lot easier to restore a bike thats assembled and complete.
 The ones left out in the weather are always trashed too. (doner bikes)
 The front TLS wheels have been going for 250 bucks on Evil bay
 kickers alone 75 bucks,
 200 bucks for a Norton, buy it!! Regarless of the condition

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

slvrbrdfxr

Raymond,
Thanks for the reply. I'll tell my buddy to go buy the Norton ASAP. Neither he nor I know that much about them. I'll get some pics once he gets it home so that way maybe you can give him a better idea of exactly what he got for the money. Thanks again.
Dave McCullough

kaferacer

Ron Carbaugh,

There are only 4 Aspes in the U.S. I guess that I am not out of line for asking $20,000 dollars for mine. If you think Raymonds prices are not high, then please appraise my collection. I must have a million dollars in my Garage.

your buddie,  Mac (kaferacer)

Hugh "Mac"Donald
(Kermac Vintage Motorcycles

1972 Penton   125mx
1973 Monark   125mx
1972 Aspes    125mx
1971 Dalesman 125mx
1971 Sprite   125mx
1972 Tyran    125mx
1973 Premier  125mx
1974 Alouette 125mx
1972 DKW      125mx
1978 SWM      125mx

firstturn

Dear my buddie,
  Here is your quote.

Ron Carbaugh,

There are only 4 Aspes in the U.S. I guess that I am not out of line for asking $20,000 dollars for mine. If you think Raymonds prices are not high, then please appraise my collection. I must have a million dollars in my Garage.

your buddie, Mac (kaferacer)

First of all I didn't say anything about Raymond's prices.  If you want your collection appraised please ask someone to do it?  If you have 2 of 4 bikes that are in U.S.A.(I am not a expert on Aspes) I feel you should ask the price you want for it.  My original post was that I feel that people should post bikes and parts they want to sell here as well as ebay.  Now if you disagree with my post so be it.  

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh