Pentons, 1st and 2nd

Started by tlanders, May 29, 2007, 11:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

At the Strickly Hodaka sponsored 100cc nationals at Harpers last Saturday, two Pentons won the vintage class, defined as pre 1978 there. Mike Lenz and his boy Matt won first and I pulled a second place overall by passing a 1977 Yamaha in the last corner in the second moto. The picture album link below shows the 100cc race first, then the GP Open race (got the hole shot against a slew of bikes on my MC80 400) and the +60, +50, +40 race and again got the hole shot on my 1984 250 MXC!!! What fun we had.

http://picasaweb.google.com/teddylanders/MemDayAtHarperS2007

Teddy

tlanders

Photo 4 through 6 should have been first. Sorry. Photo 1 was flying on a 100ccs, Photo 3 was the crucial pass. Photos 7 through 11 on the MC80 with 8 showing the hole shot (black outfit second from right), photo 10 showing an old dog can learn new tricks - me using Mike Lenz's drag your toe technique, 11 shows old dogs can fly, 12 the beginning of the age class race, 13 showing the oldest getting the hole shot and 14 showing I was still in the lead after the second corner. Oh what fun!!!!!! Hooray for Pentons!!!!!

Teddy

Ernie Phillips

Good for you Teddy!  We raced last weekend at Monster Mountain.  Mark Hodge on '72 Six Day won both days CC in his class.  Christopher & I both DNF on Saturday in CC.  Got our butts kicked on Sunday MX. I finished the Sunday CC on the "Burnout Berkshire."  Got lots and lots to do and learn before we can run up front where these Penton's belong.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

tlanders

What class was Mark in? Classic like AHRMA? That is a hard class because there is no engine size requirement so you are against 250s and 360s.

brian kirby

It was a SE Region race so it was AHRMA class structure. Last year Marc rode his Six Day in Sportsman 200 and won the region championship, but this year he is riding it in Classic. He and Ernie may end up having a good battle the rest of the year in that class at the SE races.

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian