Father's Day?

Started by DKWRACER, June 03, 2007, 08:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

What? no posts about the instilled values?
Did you forget?

Down to you 6/4 6/4 love 40, the set was lost. He won!

It is not, that always wins, it is, that we be given a chance.

These are gifts, that were brought by our Fathers.

If you are walking, down the street some-time
spot some "hollow" ancient eyes
don't just pass them bye and stare
say "hello" in there

burning embers, the memory of a father......

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

Okay Tom, seems like nobody dares to respond !!  But I will...
 Fathers day in the Northeast: for the last 78 years

Dual Sport ride out of NHIS: Saturday and Sunday
  Nationals @ Southwick,  Saturday and Sunday    
  Vintage road racing, downtown Laconia Monday
  Service  all the race bikes, as usual Tuesday
  National Hill Climb @ Gunstock on Wednesday (get there early!!)
  To the Weirs beach, all day Thursday
  Flat Track racing all day Friday, (also qualifying @ NHIS)
  National Road race @ NHIS Saturday+Sunday
  Whos gonna win!  

BTW I dont chase any little balls[8D]
 Happy Fathers Day, Take a break and make a week of it !! [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DKWRACER

Hi Raymond! lets not get to carried away about the memories of a Father, but they do have intrinsic values.

Today, I re-visited the Hayman Burn area. As you know, Sara Barton burned down thousands of acres in the Woodland Park area.....
The forest-ologists are predicting 3 to 5 hundred years for recovery.

This area was/is one of a treasured areas to ride........It has so many stories, coming out of the campfire of "Trail Creek Campground"

What I saw today, riding amongst burndt sticks, was that the forest is renewing itself.....and a father with his 7 year old son enjoying a moment in life together.

I should hope to be around in 300 years, but I prolly won't....

the memory of a father, is like the forest, a place to go

If you need another POG Forum Survival Kit, I am sure I can coujur up some Cpt. Morgans or CR for you.........

What we say, is not done under a dare.
Your post is a treasure, one that I will never forget....

Thanks Ray,
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

tomale

I am sure I could go on and on about the intrisic values that my own dad gave me but I will leave it at that.. but in keeping with my own role as a father and this forum....... this last weekend I flew to california to pick up my son from school... he has decided to go to school up here.... anyway we got to talkin as we headed for home and he told me why he loves to ride... it had to do with me taking him for a ride when he was still in grade school.... long ago..... the woods behind my house had been bulldozed, so I fired up my bike and I made him put on his bike helmit and he sat in front of me and we went for a little ride.. I quess I went over a little jump but it thrilled him so much he decided that he had to have a bike.... Now he is going to be racing vintage bikes with me... how cool is that!!!!!! I quess I  will have to put the Sixday back on the front burner..... Happy fathers day to all you guys....
Just so that no one is left out... If you are a man, then you play the role of a father.... your life touches the life of everyone you come in contact with.... what we do does make a difference....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

thrownchain

I lost my dad in '04, after a life time of working elbow to elbow farming 400 acres in central NY. I'm a father of 4 and a grandpa to 6 with a new one to arrive soon. I try to instill in them the things my dad taught me and hope they can do as good.