KTM Engine Blue

Started by chuck, June 08, 2007, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

Does anyone know what color blue is around the KTM logo on the side engine cases on a 74 250 Hare Scrambles? I did a search but couldn't find any reference to it.

Chuck,

72 125 Six Days
74 250 Hare Scrambles
74 250 Maico
73 250 Honda Elsinore
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

checkcrew

Chuck, looks like Jackpiner blue on the bikes i have seen, hope this helps, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72, 73 x 2 and 74, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Chakka

I have been using paints from a local hobby store to paint the blue oval. I found a very close match in both Testors and Tamiya paints. I ended up using Tamiya because it's acrylic (thins with alcohol or water) and holds up to solvents and fuel much better. They have color charts on-line if you search in google images.

Chris

Rain Man

Hi Chuck, I used that Testors model paint and mixed the white and blue and got the light blue color right.  I did it to all 7 Pentons I have and it appears to be holding up good. Especially the ones that never get ridden [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

rd400pi

Testor's has paint pens too.  Seems to me they have a blue one that is real close.  I outline the sidecover circle with the black one and it works perfectly.  Cheers.

Mike

slvrbrdfxr

Chuck,
I've been using the Tamiya TS-10 French Blue spray paint that I bought at a local model shop. It's a real good match for the JP and engine side covers.
Dave McCullough