Cylinder Sleeve's for Two Stroke engines

Started by john durrill, October 23, 2001, 01:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Guys,
We did a little inquiring on the possibility of getting cylinders relined .  Here is a response from an outfit I have used in the past.
You POG'ers with 175's that are on the last oversize. Al Buehner has standard pistons and you can get the 175's relined .

Dear John,

We can re-sleeve just about anything. A custom two-stroke sleeve will average $165.00 each. A custom four-stroke sleeve will average $110.00 each. The cost would reduce sharply by ordering larger quantities. We chare $140.00 labor for two-stroke's and $99.00 for four-stroke sleeve installation labor. Feel free to contact me directly at 562.945.7578 or email direct at [email protected] .

Thanks,
[email protected]VE

JohnD.
  PS> Knowing the stock port heights and width would be a good idea if possible. Over the years cylinders have a way of changing . Folks trying to get more power than stock out of them. Some knew what they were doing and some did'nt Chuckle chuckle.

metalkfab

John,I'm sure glad they answered you.I contacted them months ago and they only sent me a catalog and didn't return my calls. Now we need to find a piston supplier 'cause soon there will be NO stock size's left.

john durrill

Metalkfab,
Talked to Al Buehner this week.
He said something about haveing standard pistons still. If you had to do a re-sleeve you could get one of his. Also he had contacted Wiesco and they said it would tak a piston order of 100 for them to tool up and make some. How many POG er's are their that have 175's? I know some in vinduro do. Sounds like we all need to get together and do a push on Wiesco.
 If we can get some of the oversea's owners involved we might pull this off.
 I used the fact that I was a member of two vintage bike groups and that I would post the reply to get the response from LA Sleeve.
 I just bought several hundred's of dollars worth of parts to get a spare 175 piston for my son's 175. So I understand .
If we can help in any way let us know.
John D.