2000 KTM 65SX - 80cc big wheel

Started by Jeff D, July 05, 2007, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

I know this isn't vintage, but thought someone here might be interested in this for their kid, grandkid, etc.
It started life as a 2000 65SX but has had an Action Cycle 80cc big wheel conversion.  I bought it used from Letko (Kansas City, KS) about 4 years ago and my daughter rode it a few times in the Missouri VMX kids support classes before she outgrew it.  The past 2 years it has pretty much collected dust in the barn and been ridden in the pasture on rare occasions.  
The modifications are as follows:
Engine - Suzuki RM80 piston (I assume a new liner was put in to accomodate the larger piston, but don't know for sure), Pro Circuit custom exhaust and silencer.
Front suspension - billet triple clamps holding RM80 forks with Talon gold pro hub and 17" gold Excel rim.
Rear suspension - extended swingarm (RM80 perhaps?) with Talon gold pro hub and 14" gold Excel rim, Pro Circuit rear shock with remote reservoir (mounted where left radiator would be if this was a 2-radiator bike like the big ones).
Bike runs like a scalded dog, clutch drags a little, tires (Dunlops)are OK for fun riding but you'd want to replace them if you are going racing.  I can email some pix if interested.  Might be able to find an open trailer rail from Kansas City to VMD, but haven't asked around yet.
Asking more locally, but $1000 to any POG good guys.  My cell is 913-634-0732.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell