Mid Ohio-Thanks!

Started by Kip Kern, July 29, 2007, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Just wanted to thank the entire POG Staff for an outstanding job this year at M/O.  What a great time we had meeting everyone and running through the swap looking for goodies.  Cudos to the Buehner brothers for another great feed and friendship.  Already unloaded and thinking about next year![:p]  The Harley display was great, as well as the Ossa display, didn't even let a little rain spoil our fun!

checkcrew

Hi all Poggers, i want to 2nd what Kip said,what a fantastic time !! I unloaded all my treasurs late last night and already have thoughts of next year as well, a special thanks to Connie and Ted you are great !! Al and Dale my hat is off to you guys !! Hope all had a great time, see ya's soon !!

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2 and 74, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Ernie Phillips

Yes, what a tremendous event.  Pentonville was super in ALL aspects.  Thanks to all who made it happen.

Impressions;  John Penton is still excited about motorcycling.  The Penton "family" cares for one another.  The POG has Great leadership and a loyal and devoted following.  It was fantastic getting to meet many of you.  Thanks for letting me be part of it.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

paul

Hey yall, I want to thank Mike Winters and Rod Gorzny for meeting me at Mid Ohio and making me a new penton owner. After many years of going without I finally own a 74 250 that I will hopefully have done by next years get together. Its a damn shame that Mid Ohio doesnt allow dogs as my "family" had to sit at the gate while I took care of business. I have raced at and attended nearly every race track east of the Mississippi and Mid Ohio was the first and only place that did not allow pets. Hell, even the track worker at Daytona know my dogs as well as Springers and everyone else that owns and travels with their best friends. Never had a bike stolen either. Anyway, Yogi Bear campground was helpful also so please patronize them when in the area. Hope to see yall soon and come on down and do some riding in the Smokies. We should get a ride organized for POG members.Easy, Paul

tlanders

Thank you so much for feeding my family at 8:30PM+ Saturday night Dale and showing "On Any Sunday". After begrudgingly coming to about 3 races in 3 years because I wanted him to, my 27 year old son Alex FINALLY has gotten the bug about dirt bikes. You helped a lot. He passed a lot of guys in the races, I hope he's hooked!!!! Thank you.

Teddy

linglewn

I agree with all that has been said -- especially about the outstanding leadership, John Penton's energy for the sport, and the the fantastic hospitality provided by the Buehner family (and others). This was my first Mid-Ohio VMD, and the advance description provided by Paul of what to expect, where to find the POG tent, etc made it seem like I had been there before. The racing wasn't bad either! I have some pretty good pictures of many of the Penton riders. If you will send me your race number by email, I will see if I caught you. Great job everyone.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

davidson

It was my first time at Mid-Ohio, it was great. I hope
 that Barbers can some day be half as good. John Penton
 was great. We kept buying tee shirts,cap's and books and
 he signed every one of them. He wanted to know everything
 about me and my bike. Thanks Poggers.

James Pearson
  Tuscaloosa, Alabama

1975 125 GS6

Lew Mayer

Let me put my two cents in and thank all who contributed to make Pentonvile a great time. It was great to put a few more faces with names. Sorry I didn't get to see more of everyone. Special thanks to Al and Dale for their great food and parts too.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Mick Milakovic

Hey Lew, here's another two cents [8D]  

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank EVERYONE that made my daughter's weekend so special:  To Paul, for taking a real interest in her and making her feel like an important member of the POG, to Gary, Dave, and Jamie for feverishly working on her bike when it started sputtering during practice.  They found a loose coil wire and the scene looked like a factory pit stop!  To Gary and Toni for running us back to Al's booth to replace a broken shift lever (and in Ambr's words, she has a soul mate!).  To Teddy and Rosemary for shifting spaces and letting a late arrival find some pit space, and to everyone else that stopped us to say what a great thing they thought we were doing.  And finally to Jack and Gigi.  Thank you so much for taking the time to let me take your pictures with Ambr and her bike.  This weekend was a memory for all-time.

Thank you; I am humbled by your generosity.
Mick and Ambr Milakovic

Mick

conrad2

Mick,You stated that Paul made Ambr feel like an important part member of POG. Well she IS an important part of POG. She is hopefully going to keep the Penton lineage going long after we are using walkers. It was great to see a young rider racing a Penton, let alone a lady!.
I watched the race where she had shifting problems..but she kept at it and rode very steady. Let her know that she had race fans there.(I was the one who stopped you in near the start and said we watched her the whole time trying to shift)
We hope to see her race in the future and we owe her a big thanks for getting out an racing a piece of history instead of staying home and playing an Xbox motocross video game!
Conrad

Conrad Pfeifer
1972 Penton Six Days
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library

hankthecrank

Hello all. My heartfelt thanks to all my penton family who as always go out of their way to make everyone feel at home and comfortable. Thank you Dale for the food you prepared and served so tirelessly, Thanks to all who contributed to the supplies and worked with Dale thru the grille crisis and thanks to the servers who stepped in and served all others first. Theres an oid saying that goe's somrthing like this; You can pick your friends but you can"t pick your family. Trust me, you could pick no finer family than Pogger"s.  Thank You. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

OhioTed

I heartily second all that has been said here already.  Many, many, many great experiences at this year's VMD.  Outstanding among them:  Ambr Milakovic doing her part for the Penton Future Project, plus seeing one of my personal heroes - Jack Penton, going like stink on the the mx course, and best of all: watching as John Penton innocently strolled the autograph-signing area during the Legends MX event, only to be himself surrounded by fans, all seeking autographs - on everything from bodies, to t-shirts, to programs, to scraps of paper.  And, just as JP got a moment's respite from signing autographs, he was bear-hugged from behind by an old buddy: mx-legend John DeSoto.  Great fun, and all captured by your intrepid POG video-camera crew.  Stay tuned for the edited version of the video.

rob w

Here's my M-O.
It appears to be growing every year.
If you like vintage motorcycles and motorcycle people, you can't help but love VMD@MO.
Just seeing the overview of bustling little Pentonville, will bring a smile to your face.
It was so very, very nice to see all my POG friends again, which with many, is only once a year.
You can spend 4 days there and not see it all. I never made it to the infield attractions.
I'm not going back there again without a pit bike.
Around the swap, you get the feeling vendors put a higher value on Penton's and Penton parts, than they do alot of other brands.
You always get a better deal on parts, you really don't need.
On the third night of sleeping on the ground without a pillow, it starts getting better.
Weather forecast for VMD 2008. Partly cloudy, rainy, partly sunny, sunny, repeat....
I liked the new (different from last year) vintage MX track. I don't know of many other tracks I've raced at, where I did't really get tired when racing.
I know I could have performed better, I'm not the best at following ruts, and I missed way too many gears. But I had a total blast racing, I felt pretty good about how my riding went, and the results. 3rd O.A.
The legends "Champions Race" was by far the greatest thing AHRMA has ever done to promote themselves. I certainly hope they'll continue this format every year.
It was nothing less than INCREDIBLE mingling with Tripes, DeSoto, Weinert, Smith.....and the rest of the legends.....it was AMAZING.
I spent more time with Billy Liles than any of them, I can't tell you enough, what a wonderful, fun, down-to-earth guy he was.
Even though the Champions of MX Race, was'nt really a race, Liles would have won it, but after Rick Johnson had his fill of taping everyone in the race with his helmet-cam, he cut across the track, got in front of Liles, and took the "whatever" win.
2007 VMD @ MO - possibly for me - the best one yet.
Most of all I would like to thank the POG, and every Pogger there. You're the best, and it made my summer to be able to be with you all aqain.

Bob W

vmxracer

This was an awesome experience. I seriously felt like a factory rider for the weekend. i had people working on my bike, and giving me race items. I felt honored to be in the mere presence of jack and john and gigi penton. you are all so very nice. thank you for taking the time to see a Penton CRAZY sixteen year old girl. it meant alot! I also thought it was so cool to see the Legends race. I obviously wasn't around when they raced as factory racers, but i sure felt like i was, just by being able to see them then!  Thanks.

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty" 175 Piner
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

ABORN

I cant beleive how things at M.O. has grown so much and so quickly.The Legends race was so touching for me and even though Ambr didn't see those men race as it was before her time, I remember all of them and their achievements back in the 60s and 70s and 80s.  Getting to actually meet them and see them race was a thrill, even for an old guy like me.  Seeing so many of my POG friends again is always a pleasure too.  Between the sign-in book and the ones that I seen that had not signed in equalled 102 members as of meeting time on Sat.  Also, I was fortunate to spend Thursday evening at the Museum for the unveiling of McGraths Sculpture and the opening of Malcolms exhibit was great too.  Thanks to Paul Danik for being our fearless leader and the Buehner brothers for all their work there too as well as many others.  During the week-end, my heart was heavy as my brother Robert passed away in W.Va. at the age of nearly 87 but my POG family made it possible to still be able to smile.  THANKS for all of your prayers and concern.  I may be the last one living in my family but I know that I have plenty of brothers and sisters in the POG and at my local church.  God bless you all.  Al Born