250 main seal sizes

Started by Auto5guy, August 02, 2007, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auto5guy

I am going through my 74 250 Harescrambler in preparation for the Farm. I am going to be spliting the cases this weekend.  I normally buy my seals from a local bearing supply house.  The guy who runs it is a vintage racer and give a good discount to vintage guys.  

I'd like to have my new seals on hand when I split the cases but for the life of me I can't remember the sizes.  I thought I had them written down but I can't find it.

Does anyone know what the sizes are for the ktm 250 main seals?
Are they the same size on each side?

Thanks
Matthew

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that castor smoke can be hazardous to your health.  It is highly addictive and causes delusions of grandeur.
WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that castor smoke can be hazardous to your health.  It is highly addictive and causes delusions of grandeur.

DKWRACER

Chicago Rawhide is a good choice CR9706 (viton)....
Thanks, Brian Taylor, for the info....

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Auto5guy

Thank you Brian and Tom

I will pick them up tonight on the way home.

Matthew

tomale

Matt, you sure looked good on that red Penton... way to go.....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Auto5guy

Thanks Thom

Man that 74 was running good!  

Last time I tore down my 73 I noticed that my swingarm was twisted and the rear of the frame was bent.  I think that was causing me a lot of grief on the track.  The 74 has no such issues and it was handling like a dream.

Last night I discovered why it quit on the last moto.  It blew a base gasket.  Sound familiar?  I think there was a base gasket gremlin roaming the pits.

You definitely need to make a Harescrambler your next project.  The power for a 250 is certainly smile inducing.  

I'm looking forward to seeing you and that 440 Maico at Ward Creek this weekend.

Matthew

tomale

Matt,
Good to see you flying once more.... the gremlins seem to be following me... The 78 felt good but the 440 is still having its issues, I am begining to think that the problem is the carb itself... It should be fine but it is not... It is certainly acting like it is old and worn out but it is new... Rick and I pulled the slide out and it had some scoring, pretty strange for a new Mikuni.... I rode Rick's 440 with a 40mm bing and it pulled so nice.... the power band was way smoother than mine... I could have ridden it but not the way mine is right now....
I am not quite ready to start any new projects,, the pouring of a floor in the shop has got to come first, and then... it is project time....:D

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W