Southeast Regional MX at Bremen

Started by Ernie Phillips, August 13, 2007, 07:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

New Penton rider Fly'n Brian Kirby rode my Big Bore Berkshire to a win in 125 Classic Expert.  In the second moto he beat everybody in the combined class running against big bikes.  My son Christopher rode his Six Day to a win in 125 Classic Novice.  I chose to limit myself to one class this time and rode an ol' Maico to 2nd (or last place depending on your point of reference) in +50 Intermediate.

Temps were in mid to hi 90s with a little breeze with practice starting at 4, races at 5 and finished by 6:15PM.  Even though we rode on a modern track with substantional jumps, the track was well groomed and watered.  No whoops, a long, fast, top gear straight-away, great traction.  Just use a little caution on the jumps ... a fun time.  I would like to encourage all Penton riders to come out and support the SE Region.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

brian kirby

Here are some pictures my Mom took of Christopher, Ernie and Me.

Ernie and Christopher on the start

Christopher railing a berm

Ernie on the big 450 Maico

Christopher airing out the Six Day. The rider in green just ahead of Christopher is an Intermediate on an Elsinore 250.

Look behind Christopher and you will see he has not only passed the Elsinore 250 rider, but put a big gap on him. I heard several people say that Christopher may be giving up his red Novice stripe for a Yellow Intermediate pretty soon.

My massive (!) holeshot on the 125 Penton against Ossa 250s and AJS 370s. The start straight was really long so the AJS 370 ran me down before the first turn. But by turn two I had caught and passed him

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

Lew Mayer

Cool shots! Just like I was there.:)

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Brian,
  Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

This was my first race on a Penton and I had a great time on Ernie's Big Bore Berkshire. It handled great, everything I have heard about Penton handling is true. I rode a couple of Maicos too, but I had WAY more fun leaving the gas on late and throwing that little Penton into the corners.

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

Ernie Phillips

Brian,  Tell you mom thanks for the photos.  I think we all enjoyed watching the small bores pass the larger bikes.  Since I have to ride the BB Berkshire at Evansville, Barber and the Reunion Ride ... sorry to say that that was your LAST ride on BB Berkshire.  You'll have to build your own.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN