O.T. .........30 mph without an engine.

Started by rob w, September 13, 2007, 12:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

You don't have to have gasoline to ride a motorcycle. Don't even need an engine. :D
I bought this 1973 Auranthetic "Charger" today at an estate sale.
24 volts - 30 mph - apx. 50 mile range.
Bob W

83husky250

Would that bike be considered a carbon offset for two stroke owners?

Gavin Housh

Bob, what happens when you ride that machine into a mud bog? Gavin

tmc3c

Bob,The APE HANGER handlebars are SWEET!!!I think if you were to tilt the front fender down a little you could get a couple extra mph's!!!:D

Just Joking Buddy,It does look cool though.Did you paint it or did it come just like that?

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OhioTed

Funny - wonder why they bothered to equip it with a "fuel tank"?  Also, just a guess, but appears the chassis components could have been sourced from an Italajet.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gavin Housh

Bob, what happens when you ride that machine into a mud bog? Gavin

Gavin, It'd get all muddy. I think it's strickly a road racer. Bob

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by tmc3c

Bob,The APE HANGER handlebars are SWEET!!!I think if you were to tilt the front fender down a little you could get a couple extra mph's!!!:D

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Five Day
1976 250 Hair Scrambler

Thomas, Oh yeah, nice eh? It's from an era when lawn mower engineers also designed motorcycles.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by OhioTed

Funny - wonder why they bothered to equip it with a "fuel tank"?  Also, just a guess, but appears the chassis components could have been sourced from an Italajet.

Ted, The fake fuel tank actually houses the charger. You can see the outlet that a extension cord plugs into, on the right side of the tank. There's also a meter on top, that displays how many volts are left on the charge. Kind of like a fuel guage.

Bob

Gavin Housh

Bob, I was thinking that if you went into a mud bog that you would get shocked[xx(]. Glad to see your still thinkin bikes. I've been working on Mercury outbourds. Not by choice, but that's another story. I still say the smaller the bike the more fun. Gavin

vitaminT

Electrifiying Bob!
We got cut off last night. Will you be going to RR this year?
Vance

tlanders

Selling my Prius right now if I could get one of these!!!

Teddy

PS I don't have a Prius.

tlanders

Selling my Prius right now if I could get one of these!!!

Teddy

PS I don't have a Prius.

firstturn

I was separating and selling  a lot of my old magazines and other printed material tosy and found a 1974 Mechanix Illustrated Test on the Charger.  If you want it Bob I will send it to you.  You can tell is a busy day today[8D].  Actually found a lot of the old Race Programs at Track here in Texas and other places I had raced.  Great Memories.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

The same magazine had some great articles....about the 1974 Indy 500 and some of the inventions for RV's.  Happy New Year Bob and the down pipe looks good on the mock up and I did receive the baffle.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh