1973 ISDT

Started by 83husky250, September 13, 2007, 09:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

83husky250

I was watching the DVD of the 73 six days and noticed that the Pentons ridden by the US team were only using the blue or yellow gas tanks.  Was there a specific reason for this, or was it just a coincidence?  Also, was the "350" Penton rode by Jack Penton the only one ridden in the trial?  Perhaps one of the six day riders who participate in the forum could provide an answer.

Paul Danik

Greetings,

In checking the roster from the event, Jack was the only rider entered in the 350cc class on a Penton.  There were no other riders from any country, listed as being on a Penton, or KTM, in the 350 class, except Jack.  

Blue was selected as the team color, my 125cc machine from that event is often mistaken for a Jackpiner, till they see the Sachs engine.  The bikes were also blue in 1974 for the Camerino event.

I just noticed that my blue 125cc Six-Day bike is on the homepage photo, behind Jake Fischer's Hiro.  

Hope this helps, and hope you enjoyed the DVD.

Paul

TGTech

In all of the years that I rode the ISDT, the KTM team bikes, including the Pentons, were blue. There was one exception for the US riders, and that was 1976, when we shipped our own bikes over to Austria instead of having KTM prepare bikes for us. And that year, our bikes were orange. I think it is because Blue was KTM's primary color until they adopted the orange.

Dane

brian kirby

Were those bikes Jackpiner blue or was it another shade? They look to be a slightly different color but it could just be the pictures.

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

Paul Danik

Brian,

I would say they were Jackpiner blue.

Paul