Upcoming POG events

Started by Paul Danik, November 18, 2007, 10:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The Annual POG family night will be held on December 6,2007 at the KTM building in Amherst, Ohio. This is a night of fellowship with a shortened meeting, all are welcome, wives, children, friends, ect.  We will have snacks and entertainment; our evening will begin at 7pm.

Penton Day at the AMA will be on Saturday February 2, 2008 at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum, Pickerington, Ohio. We are very excited to announce that we will have a special guest traveling from Austria for our meeting. This gentleman was the right hand man to Mr. Trunkenpolz and was directly involved with the Penton from the beginning. This should be quite an interesting meeting. More details of this meeting with be announced shortly.

With 2008 being the 40th anniversary of the Penton, and the 10th anniversary of the POG, a special celebration was called for.  On September 13 and 14, 2008 the POG along with KTM USA will be hosting a weekend event in Amherst, Ohio. Our home base for the weekend will be the KTM campus. Tentatively some of the weekends activates will include a tour of the KTM facility, a tour of the locations that Penton operated from back in the day, along with tours of the original Penton Brothers Machine Shop, Penton Farm Market and several other interesting venues.  We hope to call home as many Pentons as possible and create the largest display of Pentons ever assembled. Hopefully we can ride these bikes down the main street of Amherst and line them up in the back yard of the Man who created them. More details of this gala event will be posted soon. A very special thanks goes out to KTM for their part in this event.

Thanks
Paul

VICTOR MONZ

How about a good old Amherst Meadowlarks "Vintage Harescramble"...I would drive out from California with a couple Pentons to attend that one.

Victor Monz

PS and bring my cooler for some goodies from the Farm Market !

DKWRACER

Paul, would that be Horst L. ?
Tom
Thomas Brosius

Paul Danik

Tom,

I assume that you are asking who is the special guest traveling from Austria for the Penton Day event, it is Kalman Cseh. If you have the John Penton book, Kalman is listed in the index as being in the book 5 times, you can get a feel for how important Kalman was to the Penton / KTM development and relationship by reading these sections on pages 78,131,133 and 158. If anyone doesn't have the book we can take care of that problem.  Dane may chime in here shortly and give us more first hand information about Kalman.

Without the support of all of you folks who support the POG with your memberships, buying of POG items such as shirts, hats, collectable books, hardcover books,DVDs, buttons, ect., the POG could never think of undertaking such ambitious projects as bringing Kalmam to our meeting. We hope to see many of you at this exciting event.  

Victor,

Thanks for the interesting idea.

Paul

TGTech

No book!? Tom, you need to get one.

Kalman was just an office aide when John Penton began to visit KTM in the late 60's. But he spoke English very well and Mr. Trunkenpolz did not, so Kalman became JP's translator. Kalman also became the export director for KTM, when they only sold their machinery to four or five different countries in the late 60's.

Today, Kalman works in the Italian division of KTM three days a week and the rest of the time, he works and lives in Mattighofen.

Dane

DKWRACER

Poggers, you might not believe this, but it's true!
What a surprise when I opened my mailbox, the "Good Book" appeared.

Reading from pg. one, an excerpt...."People are the name of the game"

Today, I am convinced, that I am a member of the the very best.

Thanks for the book.

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius

Kip Kern

Paul,  Will there possibly be van/motorhome camping available during the 13/14 weekend at Penton/KTM?[?]

Paul Danik

Kip,

We were given approval to stay overnight on the grounds during our initial discussion about the event. KTM has done a major expansion and for now I would only plan on "setting up in the parking lot" style of camping, kind of like we do at Wal-Mart once in awhile. I will be having a walk through with the folks at KTM shortly and will see just how and where they want us to camp. If any major changes come up I will post them right away.

Paul

Kip Kern

Thanks Paul, I will plan on camping in the van like at Mid Ohio!  Have a graet holiday:D

cubfan1968

Paul
Any more news regarding the Anniversary celebration on Sept 13-14. This sounds like an absolute hoot.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)