Seat foam types/ alloy seat base

Started by gooddirt, December 02, 2007, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

I have what looks to be two types of long high seat foams one is flat on top like most ,and the other is more round off the top to the sides [none are mc-5]. Any one know what bike and year the the more round type is from? What years and bike was the alloy long seat base on? Thanks LG

imported_n/a

LG - I have one on my '74 Six Day but I believe they started using them on the '75's. That said, I guess it'll at least fit '74 - 75 CMF's. Of course it may fit others. High/round foam came after the flat. See Al Buehners web site here under Suppliers for pictures of the foam. Hope this helps.

crheeterman

gooddirt

If you are talking about the low short , Iam not comparing that foam .What  I have are two long tall, one is more rounded where the top blends into the sides as the other type is more flat on top.Have a total of six foams two of which are more on the rounded sides . And the rear of the seat above the logo is rounded as well .  Thanks for your input :D:D

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

What years and bike was the alloy long seat base on? Thanks LG
'76 Cross Country, '76 MC5. Those are two I know forsure.

Gavin Housh

Larry, I have been looking for a nice aluminum seat base for three years. I did see one on ebay and tried to bid at the last minute only to have my cumputer let me down at the moment I needed it most. My bid whent in after the bidding had ended. I would have paid $100 for that seat base as it was it sold for around sixty. I have let my AHRMA membership lapse as well as my AMA license. I would like to sell all my stuff but it seems with the housing crunch and the high price of oil that the market to sell is kind of flat. I have enough parts to make two more 125's and still have the racer you have known me to ride. I also have one complete 73 Maico 400 (very nice racer with every thing addressed. could use a PVL but that is it) and another in parts that only needs to be assembled. It is a 73 440 and all parts have been restored or are new. Both Maicos have the magnum clutch conversion! Then I have two 86 Huskies both are WR models one being a 400 that is sound (I have been through the whole bike and replaced all worn parts in the wheels, suspension, steering, and top end. Also has Honda CR front end, stocker in box.)  except for a leaking bearing behind the countershaft sprocket and a bad head gasket. The other is the awfully powerfull 500cc machine and needs a total resto job. As you know I also have a very large parts stash of Sachs engine parts that includes many pistons and shift mechanism parts that become worn and need to be replaced. This collection of bikes has taken me ten years to compile and i would like to see it go to someone or more than one persons that will put it to good use. That aluminum seat base would work well on the 73 six day frame I have. This frame has extra gusseting that I have not seen before. My 74 high breather doesen't have all those extra gussets. Catch ya later, Gavin.

Mike Lenz

Larry, I think the rounded foam may have been aftermarket.  I also think the alum bases were aftermarket.  A Buehner has new fiberglass bases.
Thanks for your help
Mike

sixdazed

Gavin,I have the seat you are talking about (i think) sitting on my 73 6 day.I haven't tried it with a fender yet to see how it looks,but will.Email me offline.i'll check it again tonite and make sure.
                                                         Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...