Penton 6 day parts for sale

Started by dougr, December 30, 2007, 06:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougr

I have a 74 6 day parts for sale or the hole bike . You can e mail at [email protected] or call me 714 470 4803 I live in California
Thanks
Doug

dougr

I also have pic,s and will take close ups of any thing you want
thanks
Doug

tooclose racing

Doug - do you have the forks and triple clamps for the bike?

Thanks.

dougr

yes I do if you e mail my your e mail I will send pictures

tooclose racing

Please do..and thanks.  Please use "[email protected]" and include an asking price.

imported_n/a

Hi Doug, you have email!

crheeterman

tooclose racing

In talking to the guy who found this 74 SD (made in March of 1974 according to frame number), he indicated there is a Raceco (RACECO?) sticker on the tank with a Linear Blvd. address.  Does this ring a bell with any of you SoCal Penton owners (bike is located in La Habra, CA)?  Another odd thing is that the Sachs motor is painted black, although the frame is still factory grey/silver.  I thought "Mettco?" when I saw the painted engine - that's why I asked about the tank. I haven't seen a tank photo yet....

The lower fork legs were wrapped with some kinda heavy fabric-like tape and accordian gators were installed, which made me think "desert racer", but what do I know?  I'm an east coast MX/HS racer who only worked a couple of summers in Palm Springs at Banducci's Bit of Italy as a teenager.

Thanks for any thoughts....

socalmx

I have never heard of the shop however Linear Blvd is located in Whittier California. The important thing to remember about Mettco is that they were a regular bike shop. 99.9% of all Mettco bikes were just stock pentons with rivets and a Mettco sticker on the tank. I can honestly say that while hanging out at the so-cal mx scene, I never saw the white framed red tank versions. If you look at the old western Cycle News, you will see McDougall and Bower on silver framed and green tanked bikes. I suspect that the white framed versions were raced very late in the game (late '74)?

pakala

I was born and raised in the whittier-La Habra, california area. I have never heard of Linear blv. we have a whittier blv.
  I don't recall a company called  Raceco in the whittier-La habra area.
 If I can be of any help, I can go over and look at the bike.
               Paul(socal)

dougr

The address was 431 E. Whittier Blvd. La Habra Ca. 90631. I have lived in La Habra my hole life and i can not remember this place.

socalmx

I did a Map Quest search and it reported back that Linear is located in Whittier. I never heard of the shop either.

pakala

Ok, there was a little one man shop at that address sold Monarks and sachs parts. I can't remember it being called raceco. We just called it the Monark shop. He would ajust our sachs trannys, nice guy.
 Honda came out with the Elsinore and you know the rest of the story.
             Paul(socal)

tooclose racing

Thanks for the homework/detective work, guys. In the meantime....I have received a photo of the gas tank from the original poster and (drum roll please..) it has a Six Day green TOASTER tank on it! And its in pretty darn good condition, with some knee wear on one corner and a petcock that would need to be replaced(lever broken off/replaced by screw?). He has the gas cap and leather hold down strap, both in good condition.  

Hmmmm..would a desert racer have installed one of these for more capacity?  Anyway, told the owner I would pass along that very interesting tidbit for anyone who is interested.  E-mail him (first post) and he will send you pictures.  Also available are the mag hubs w/alum alloy rims (shoulderless) - would that rim have been standard on a 74?  The front looks "tired", I haven't seen the rear assembly.  I've sent him a check for the 35mm forks and clamps, which were in good condition (gators and lower fork leg "wraps" helped). Mr. T. Friedel has generously offered to help me re-furbish and mount them.  Hopefully no expensive surprises...

dougr

I still have many parts. I would like to send the parts to good homes.

dougr

still looking to sale the parts i have $400 or OBO take its. I need to make room.