Ocala 2008 - Who's going to be there?

Started by Ernie Phillips, January 30, 2008, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

Who is coming to Ocala?  And, what bike and events are you going to ride?

Ernie (50v)
- Sportsman 200 CC on '72 125 Six-Day,  Intermediate
- Classic 125 MX   "    "
- +50 MX, '73 450 Maico              
Christopher (44u)
- Classic CC '72 125 Six Day, Intermediate
- 100 MX '72 Berkshire      
Brian (84c)
- Classic 125 MX, '72 Six Day, Expert    

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

john durrill

Ernie,
 I should be at the MX. I may have 2 grandsons in tow but will will look for you.
John D.

chicagojerry

i'm coming. i will be riding the vintage cross country (+50 exp) on either one of my can-ams or a penton 250. same bike choices for the vmx. (250 int, +50 int) i am trying to have my new pvmx weapon ready. 84 yz250. my friend kevin outland will be riding both the CC and vmx. he's hoping to have his 125 penton done in time but thats pushing it so he will probably ride a 250. (CC open exp, vmx 250 int) i still don't know if i'll be an ahrma trustee when i get there.  also, they lenghtened the date to sign up until feb 8.  
chi jer  [8D]

tooclose racing

Can I just say that looking at this thread from a snowy, cold upstate NY location with my butt tied to 60 hr/week job is like seeing the "promised land".  I'll get my  priorities straightened out one of these days and make this trip.

Just a dumb question - is Ocala THE event, or are there a couple of races in or near the Bike Week time frame?  In other words, when I'm going, I'm gonna GO, BABY (geez, I get 5 weeks of vaca these days - when I can take it!).

Thanks, and have fun you guys!!

Signed,

Green (with envy)

thrownchain

5 weeks vaca???   I'd split it up, 2 wks Daytona, 1 wk Mid Ohio, 1 wk for the reunion ride and one week for Barber. If you're going, do it right.

ossaracer

I am going Penton 125 (Metco replica) Classic 125 Exp,   Penton 250 Hare Scrambler Sportsman 250 Exp.  Looking forward to it!!

Terry Gates
AHRMA racer/Penton-Ossa lover
[email protected]
Penton 125 Six Days (3)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (2 1/2)  Love 'em!!
Mint 400 - sweet
Terry Gates
AHRMA racer/Penton-Ossa lover
[email protected]
Penton 100 Berkshire 72 - nice (on the way!!)
Penton 125 Six Days (3)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (2 1/2)  Love \\\'em!!
Mint 400 - sweet

wildman

I will be riding in  the Sportsman 250 Nov.class
 on Saturday. The fulfilment of a long-time dream.
The Penton is fresh and I've actually been doing some workouts!
I should be rolling in Thursday. I will need some break in time.
Dan "Wildman" Pagel 22k

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

brian kirby

Dan, I dont know if you have ever been to Hard Rock but it is a true off road park, not just an MX track. You should be able explore the park and break your bike in at the same time.

Brian
Brian

Glenn Berry

We are planning to be there, Three of us are making the trip. Jim Foster and myself will be riding Pentons in both the cross country on Friday and Trials on Sunday. Hope to see you in sunny Fla.   Glenn Berry

Glenn Berry     Heading out tomorrow morning (Wed.) We will be in the Black Baltimore Harley Davidson trailer, stop by and say Hello.
Glenn Berry

wildman

No. I've never been to Hardrock and am delighted to hear it's a whole riding area. I'd like to do some trail riding while in Florida. Any one know of any local or near Deland areas for trail riding and what do I need as far as ORV sticker? I think you can ride in Ocala Nat. Forest at certain areas. I plan to netsearch before leaving.  Lets have some FUN! Wildman.
Dan Pagel 1975 250 Cross Country #22k

Bill Ryburn

Ernie:
I will be there to uphold my position as the slowest rider to ever compete in an AHRMA event on a Penton.
 - CC: 1970 Six Day 125, +60 Nov.
 - MX: Old Brit bike, Classic 500 Nov.
     Bill 40c

Lew Mayer

Bill,
glad to see you on the board. Have fun in Ocala.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dennis Jones

Lew, You better go with Glenn.
You might miss out on one of those special tests ;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

I got a pinched nerve and can't ride. Good thing it's not my drinkin' arm.[8D]
I can't make best 11 anyway.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

john durrill

Lew ,
 Heal up quick my friend.
Will miss you
John D.