POG annual meeting

Started by Paul Danik, February 03, 2008, 02:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

I would like to thank everyone who helped to make the POG meeting held at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum such a success.

Once again, Mark Mederski from the Museum made us welcome and even allowed us to rearrange his domain for our event. Special thanks also to museum volunteer Ric Stewart for all of his help.

Gary and Toni Roach supplied two absolutely beautiful cakes decorated very appropriately for our event, quite possibly some pics of the cakes will be posted later.

Ted and Connie Del Solar once again handled sign up and sales of POG items.

Ted Guthrie and Roger Ansel both worked their magic with the video cameras to capture the days activities for future use.

Bill Smith was busy all day taking pictures for us while Karen Turner had her lap top set up showing photos from the collection that is now on the website.

We had the first three serial production Pentons on hand, V-001, V-002 and V-003, special thanks to Dale Barris, Dallas York and Al Born for allowing us to showcase their historic machines.

I don't even know where to begin in thanking our very special guest Mr. Kalman Cseh for all that he did for us. Kalman is an absolutely wonderful person and he presented us with a wealth of knowledge about the creation and evolution of the Penton.  When asked about any production records from the Penton era, Kalman produced a couple of small tablets that had belonged to Mr. Trunkenpolz and in which Mr. "T" had hand written the production figures, even seperating them according to models and for what country the bikes were destined for, unbelievable.  

To Mr. John Penton, the lives of most everyone who reads this message board would have been different without your influence, and I most certainly feel your influence was a blessing to all of us.

There are many more who helped in many ways and to all of you, THANK YOU...this event could not have happened with out your help.

Paul

3putt

I would also like to ad my comments to the Feb 2, 2008 POG meeting.  It only reinforced how fortunate I am, and maybe "PROUD" is a better word to use, to be a part of this wonderful organization of men and WOMEN.

This meeting had it all !!   History making machines to view, and  Two of the Three men that caused this History to Happen.   Guest, Mr Kalman Cseh, demonstrated his time and prepartion put forth for this meeting over and over during his presentation.  Showing many slide photos, he had from memory the Dates and Names of the persons that raced the early model Penton Bikes, and those involved in the R & D work.   It was an early History Review of the Progress.  In Observing and Listening to Mr Cseh and Mr Penton, it was easy to understand how this success came about, as both of these fellows took great pride (and rightfully so) to be sure it all worked.

It also had "Emotion" that came to the surface several times !!  Then there were gifts exchanged to confirm the Personal Feelings in addition to the Business Trust over these years.  And the last gift was passed along to Paul Danik from Mr Penton, a replica of the Plaque that will be installed at the Motorcyle Monument in Daytona Beach.  CONGRATULATIONS PAUL   !!!

The POG Board is still carrying on the Penton Family Work Tradition, Many Thanks to the Board for another Fine Effort !!

Gary Roach

Sometimes words don't seem like enough...this is one of those times. There is no way to descibe how very special and how monumental yesterday was. The entire time that Mr. Cseh spoke, I was in awe. The ties that bind Mr. Cseh and Mr. Penton and our beloved Penton Motorcycles run so deep. Thank-you so very much to P.O.G. officers that made it possible for the rest of us to share. The day started out great and just got better and better...the perfect ending came when President Danik received his replica plaque. I have often wondered what we could ever do to thank him enough for all that he thanklessly does for us Poggers...Mr. Penton helped answer that question yesterday by honoring him with that gift. It felt great to see the "Man from Mars" get some well deserved recognition. Again, I can not express in words how powerful and great it was that Mr.Cseh honored our group. His wisdom and knowledge of Penton history to current KTM news was so impressive and interesting. Like Mid-Ohio, I am just sorry that Penton day at the AMA Museum had to end, and that it only comes around once a year..
POG Gal[:X]
Toni Roach

hankthecrank

Hello all.  I too would like to add my thoughts about the 40/10 meeting at the museum. I spent Sunday trying to align my thoughts and feelings. All I can say is I feel very small in such company. What an experience to see two giants of the Penton/ KTM alliance credit each other for the development of these machines we all love and enjoy. I really enjoy seeing all of our friends together. Thank you Al B. for lunch and a big THANK YOU to the museum staff who treated all of us as if we were the only people there that day. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Randy Kirkbride

It was indeed a great time. Thanks to all who had a part in all the planning and presentation, and to Mr Cseh for all the information. I'm still trying to figure out why they put that skinny kid's picture on Paul's plaque!!! Great job Paul.
Thanks also to all of you who traveled hundreds of miles just to be there.
Can't wait till next year.

baxtermcc

Thank you Paul and all the volunteers for the special day on Saturday.  Each year at the AMA HQ is just a bit more special than the last, but this past Saturday took it all to a new level.  Thanks to everyone for making the POG a truly special family.  Bob

Paul Danik

Here is some interesting news concerning our POG meeting that is pretty neat. I have recieved word that KTM in Europe is doing an article on the meeting and the fact that the first three serial production Pentons were once again brought together by the POG.

I was remiss in my previous post in not thanking POG V.P. Scott Brogan for the fine job he did on the new POG/Penton anniversary shirts, they are really nice, thanks Scotty....

Paul

Lew Mayer

Thanks to you, Paul, and all those that worked to make a very special meeting.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Glenn Berry

Are the new anniversary tee shirts for sale yet,and if so how can they be ordered? Thanks, Glenn Berry

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

Here is some interesting news concerning our POG meeting that is pretty neat. I have recieved word that KTM in Europe is doing an article on the meeting and the fact that the first three serial production Pentons were once again brought together by the POG.

I was remiss in my previous post in not thanking POG V.P. Scott Brogan for the fine job he did on the new POG/Penton anniversary shirts, they are really nice, thanks Scotty....

Paul

Jeaaaaa,...Paulemann,...and don,t bend backwards to mention that 3 crazy Canucks despite of lousy wheater travelled 1400 km just to be with there off road rider friends,even non of the 3 owns a Penton.[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73

scott brogan

Helloo everyone. Sorry I could not make the show this year. Uncle Sam had me that weekend.  Look for the new order form for this years shirt to be posted soon in the merchindise section. Also there is an intrest from some of our members for a run of small size shirts. I will have the printer run us a batch soon.

Scott

Gary Roach

Mr. Cseh gave John an old photo that he had found. After the meeting, John walked over to Toni and I and showed us the photo. He said, "There's something odd in this photo that really sticks out to me. Can you guess what it is?" Toni got it right away. Can you?

3putt

Gary,  Neither one of the bikes have a licence plate mounted as I'm used to seeing in the states, but not sure how they handle that in Iternational Competetion.    Nelson McCullough

Gary Roach

Hi Nelson!

Sorry but no, the lack of license plates wasn't it. You bring up a good subject, thou. Maybe one of our ISDT vets will chime in here and give us the scoop on that.

Gary

454MRW

I don't know all of the regions overseas that it applies to, but seeing a left hand drive car seems odd. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R