76 tank color

Started by skiracer, February 10, 2008, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the useful info on the frame color.  It came out great!  Now, I need to match the orange paint for my tank and side covers.....any suggestions?  I am going to have a body shop paint these, so, I will be buying the paint by the quart.

Thanks!  James
original owner 1976 250 MC-5
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

DKWRACER

Hi James, I do hava couple of paint codes for the orange, Dupont YS017 was suggested by Thomas Carmichael, and I have used it with good results. Dupont is somewhat pricey, so as an alternate I have used Bright Tangerine for 96 Ford ( basecoat then clearcoat) I can send you a few pics if needed...

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

skiracer

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the response and the info.  A couple of pictures would be great.  You can send them to: [email protected]
Quotequote:Originally posted by DKWRACER

Hi James, I do hava couple of paint codes for the orange, Dupont YS017 was suggested by Thomas Carmichael, and I have used it with good results. Dupont is somewhat pricey, so as an alternate I have used Bright Tangerine for 96 Ford ( basecoat then clearcoat) I can send you a few pics if needed...

Tom Brosius
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tofriedel

Any good body shop with a paint color computer should be able to match the color you require.  Eliminates having to buy quantities of paint you will never use.

Tony
Tony