more Penton videos on YouTube

Started by OhioTed, March 19, 2008, 08:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Tune in to YouTube for the latest additions:  Sculptor Ric Stewart discusses his work in creating a bronze bust of John Penton.  Also, Doug Wilford reveals how the model names for Penton motorcycles originated.    Just go to youtube.com, and enter "Penton motorcycles" in the Search option or click on http://www.youtube.com/tednreb1

Kevin Grimes

I noticed there is a youtube video titled "Kawasaki power to the Ground Vintage Motocross." If you look closely toward the end you will see Jack Penton testing Kawasakis in the woods.

Rain Man

thanks for sharing that with us Ted,

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OhioTed

Thanks, Ray.  You know, this whole thing for me - writing stories for SKT, and doing these videos - its all about trying to pay homage to a wonderful group of people, for whom I have the greatest respect and admiration:  all of you folks.  I just hope I do justice to you all.

Mick Milakovic

Ted, it's the entire motorcycling community who are honored by what you and Reb are doing.  The archives you are creating will be seen and appreciated, hopefully, for generations to come.  Thank you!

Mick

cubfan1968

Another great job. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

OhioTed

But wait, there's more.  
Tune in tednreb1 on YouTube, for a cute video, which shows how Ted del Solar's "Davie" MC5 came to be mounted up on top of that stump at POG's 2006 Vintage Days display.  

I'm still trying to figure out how to set up links, folks, so bear with me.

Rain Man

oooh watch it Ted, I don't think Davie's an MC5, [:0]
I think its a GS model.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OhioTed

My thanks to Rain Man for correcting my gaff, and apologies to Young Ted for the MC5/GS slip.  

There's yet another fun video to check out now.  Just dial up tednreb1, or "Penton", and check out the interview of Jim McCabe, who talks about riding with John Penton, and describes his 3-cylinder, 1500cc Maico.  

This was shot in '06, and the project has been further developed since then.  This thing is for real!