Diamond Don's Cross Country

Started by firstturn, April 05, 2008, 12:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

There were many Pentons in the Cross Country and it was raining so it was a challenge.  I will try to get some results, but I did visit with one of our POG members Tom Flores.  He was raised in Loran and now lives in Dallas Texas and just recently bought a 100 Bershire and a 1976 MC5 Penton.  They ran two segments allowing him to ride each bike in one segment.  He picked of two first place finishes.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Ron,

Thanks for the update and congrats to Tom on his wins.

It would be great to have a group shot of you POG members and Penton Racers for the homepage photo, if you can arrange it.

Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  I wish I would have thought about this, but I am leaving early in the morning to pick up a steeltanker and a Mudlark.  Jack is here having a great time and Ernie Phillips is one rider that doesn't give up.  Pentons were VERY well represented at this race both on the MX and Cross Country.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

I'll try to give Jack a call later this morning and see if he is still at the event and could arrange for a picture, or possibly one of the others at the event will read this and get a couple of pics and send them along.

Thanks
Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  I should have done a picture Friday after the Cross Country, but it was raining and I think everyone just wanted to get back home or to the motel.  I will put more thought into pictures in the future.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Ernie Phillips

Ron, Great to visit with you at the races.  For me, Diamond Don's was a could'a - should'a, close but no cigar event.  I did manage to get 1st in Friday's CC - Sportsman 200 Int.  Saturday's VMX was fun but results were not what I was looking for.  Diamond Don did a fantastic job.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

firstturn

Ernie,
  You did a great job and they took the long water filled "ball park" area out after your moto.  This was a tough area for the small bore bikes....actually it was a difficult area for all the bikes.  Great rides for you and as always a pleasure to visit with you and you Family.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Ernie Phillips

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Tflores

Thanks Ron, Paul, Pentons, Ernie and All!  

It was great seeing, meeting and hanging out with you all.  It was my first vintage AHRMA racing attempt and it certainly was a challenging and rewarding experience.

I must mention I do appreciate all the help and advice I have recieved from fellow members on this forum and from the TVRC club members to help get me there.  Encouragement & rooting I recieved during the races helped out immensely, it's all part of the great experience.

Ernie you are one fast cat! It was great watching you ride and bangin bars with you. Thanks a bunch for the pictures.

I'm not sure yet on what place I finished in the Vintage 100cc MX race, they awarded me 3rd place but I was later told it may be changed to 2nd due to scoring problems they had.  I can understand that, those scorers must have had a challenging day as well, regardless I'm more than happy with the 3rd.:D

Take Care,
Tom Flores

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

firstturn

Tom & Ernie,
  You guys did a great job and I was happy to see Bobby Lucas and Skip Miller there for you support.  Thanks for the great races...I wish I could still race, but you guys make it a pleasure to watch.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

I'm so jealous, you guys are all out racing and riding, and I still have a foot or better of snow on our trails:(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OUCWBOY

Rain Man,
Maybe you should move!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR