OT: saw this on Ebay: IDIOT

Started by sachsmx, April 22, 2008, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

I just had to post this auction for a very rare Harley 250 MX'er. Not my favorite bike, but valuable all the same. I can't believe some peoples ignorance [:o)]

"I am the original owner.This is one of 87 sold.  I purchased the bike in 1995 from John Steel at Hi-Speed Racing in Chagrin Falls Ohio.  It was still in the cardboard crate which I still have but is in pretty bad shape.  The crate has the dealership Brandt H-D in Wabash, Indiana written on it. I would guess realistically the bike has maybe twenty miles on it.  That is from playing around in my yard and one fall at my dad's farm. The orange surgical grips were dry rotted when I got the bike so I stuck on cheap Scott grips.  The fenders are flakey and would need replaced. The bike sat outside with a cover this past winter.  The seat was fine until we had an ice storm in January.  Tree branches with ice pelted the cover and punctured the seat vinyl and a small scratch in the left side of the tank but did not dent the tank.  Hi-Speed has these as other parts. This bike runs fine and is great the way it is or a very easy restore I purchased another 250 and started to restore it but had the front and rear wheels stolen from my lower garage.  It is repainted and for sale also, but not included in this auction. Email with more questions.  Seller not responsible for shipping but will be more than happy to help arrange loading or taken to terminal.  No hurry on pick up as I can put it back in garage where it should have been this winter.[V]

I thought the guy was joking about the seat until I looked at the pics. :(

thrownchain

I've done business with John before, and if he knew that's how the bike was going to be treated, he most likely wouldn't have sold it to him. It's a shame.

paul

Yep, I agree. The real shame is no matter what he's done the bike will make hime some decent cash. My 78 HD mxer (that I bought from factory rider Ted Boody) was stolen off my trailer 2 days after I bought it. This guy leaves his out for months and with few probs.
 To put my mind at ease I bought insurance on my present HD mxer for $50 a year for $5000 worth of ins. thru Haggerty. I had a little "in" as they cover my "show" car also but with photos and an appraisal they will insure nearly any motorcycle. Check it out,TTP

sachsmx

I don't know the owner of the bike (obviously), but I figure he must have more money than he knows what to do with. Even at that, I have a tremendous respect for rare motor vehicles of all types. I won't even leave my old, dirty parts outside to corrode or worse.
I have known guys that have a lot more money than I but have no appreciation for the fine sports cars that they own.