1980 KTM 390

Started by Richard Herman, April 24, 2008, 08:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Herman

I have decided to part with my KTM 390.  It has the most useable power of any KTM/Penton I have owned.  I owned many Pentons from 250 to 400 cc.  I've owned three 495's, one 420, one 600 4-stroke, and one 350....all KTM's (what can I say, I like horsepower).
This machine has not been started in over 10 years.  It has sat in my shop at home.  If you put in a new air filter, clean the carburetor and add fresh fuel, it can finish and win any enduro or hare scrambles if you can.  I kept this machine because I loved the easy to use power of the 390.  Now that I am almost 62 years old, broken bones don't heal quickly.  As I said, I like horsepower.  I like to go fast, get the front wheel up, get her sideways and throw a big roost.  I don't have any natural riding talent so I tend to break lots of bones.  It's just the price I've had to pay in the past and I paid it gladly.  Can't afford to pay any longer.  This bike deserves better than a dirty corner in my shop.  If you feel you can give this machine a good home, if you feel you can grab a handful and fan the clutch and hang on, this machine is looking for you.
Give me a call and let's talk.
Richard Herman 281-414-9689 (call between 4:00am and 6:30pm CST)
Bike is located in Katy, TX (about 30 miles west of Houston and 2 miles south of I-10) (contact me at [email protected] for pictures)  asking $1300.00

firstturn

All of Richards bikes were well taken care of since he know bikes and how to work and maintain them.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh