Honoring Dane Leimbach

Started by firstturn, May 12, 2008, 09:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Just to let everyone know that Dane is being Honored at the AHRMA event on May 31 @ Tomahawk WV.  It is a very fitting Honor for the person who put the 100 class on the map for the USA in ISDT events.  I hope to attend as I hope anyone that can will make a effort and enjoy some great Vintage Racing.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Ernie Phillips

Christopher & I plan on going and racing CC & VMX.  We'll be riding Berkshire's too.  Penton's have yet to claim an overall 100 class win in the new 100 class, maybe with Dane there ... Dane, thanks for making the 100's respectable!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Lew Mayer

Hopefully, I can make it out to watch that one.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

How are you doing Lew?

Brian
Brian

Lew Mayer

Still sore but we got good pills. I still have residual pain and tingling. We'll get there. Thanks for asking and thanks to all for your prayers. I can't do any better than you all praying for me.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

chicagojerry

i should be there for the cc and vmx too. get better soon lew.
need to see you at the races.    chi jer

OUCWBOY

I wish I could be there! I'll be in Idaho that week.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mick Milakovic

Hey Lew, good to hear you're up and running!  Arfe you runnin rich or lean? ;)

Mick

Mick

Mike Burgess

Wow, This is Fantastic and growing up and traveling with dad to the 2 day qualifiers, hungry creek, etc... i spent alot of time around Dane becaue he was the Bershire rider and dad had built me what still today i would call the badest Bershire that ever lived. He was most kind to me everytime we met up and would love sharing some of the old stories with him. I'm currently going through Chemo and Radiation for colon rectal cancer but i will make this trip no mater what happens. Dane, i truly look forward to seeing you and spending some quality time together and letting you now the influence you put upon me in my early years my friend. Wow, This is truly a blessing!!

Sincerely,
Mike Burgess Jr.

PS, who else is going to be there?

firstturn

Mike,
  How is your Father's recovery?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Tflores

I gotta make it to this event to honor Dane, participate in the race and get my Berkshire tank signed!!

Hmmm... lets see..

JP Morgan shift key should be enroute, Houdini shift key replacement operation attempt upon arrival(Ernie, Ron I may need some verbal advice), piston and rings replacement completed(thanks Donny Smith for the quick shipment), vacation day and sick day in the time off bank.  Better start working on the wife....

Heck, I might be able to pull this off.....about 1300 miles from Dallas, Anybody out in the Dallas area willing to share some windsheild time and fuel cost??

Tom Flores
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

firstturn

Tom,
  You have my number if I can help.  Even if you don't make it thanks for the thought as you grew up in Amherst and know the accomplishments of Dane.  I wish I knew that you wanted to go I would have shared a ride......but I am flying in as it stands.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh