XC at VMD 2008

Started by 83husky250, May 26, 2008, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

83husky250

Does anyone have any information on the status of an XC race/trailride at Mid Ohio this year?  There was conversation about it last fall when I complained that there was no outlet for enduro riders at VMD and I wonder if anything had come of it for this year.

Lew Mayer

There is a CC this year at Mid-Ohio but you better sign up quick. They are limiting the number of riders allowed.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

chicagojerry

i'm doing the course layout with a lot of help from jim kunhs along with me doing some of the logistical legwork as a go between with the mid-ohio people. currently, the course has about three miles of woods and we should be able to add another mile by tying it into the mx course. we have cut a lot of new trail by cutting through a lot of downed trees and there are quite a few good elevation changes. some of it is tight but also some wider areas to pass. i have been quite pleased with how the course is developing. this week i'll be tied up trying to get ready for racing at tomahawk in WV. but the follwing week i should be out there again with jim to further the process a little more. during vmd week, i plan on getting there on monday to make sure that any loose ends (like snow fencing barriers for the route to the mx track) are taken care of. i believe that everyone who rides it will really enjoy the course. john penton will be the legends honoree so bring all those pentons out.
see ya there, [8D]  chi jer

83husky250

Do you know what day the XC will be?  I wouldn't miss it .  Do you have any idea who some of the legends will be?

brian kirby

Cross Country races that are part of a Motocross combined weekend like Mid-Ohio are run on Friday.

Brian
Brian

t20sl

What is the format for a CC event?  Is it so many laps or timed like a hare scrambles?  thanks

brian kirby

Dead engine start and one hour time harescramble.

Brian
Brian