Any active POG members in Atlanta ?

Started by MattyQ, June 01, 2008, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyQ

Hi , wondering if there are any active POG members in Atlanta?  

To talk Penton Motorcycles and would like to learn more about Sachs and KTM motors.

Thanks ,

Matt

paul

Matty, Check out the Georgia Off Road for local rides and a lot of good stuff. I live in Charlotte but ride with people from down your way. Some ride KTM and there are all kinds of riders which is fun. There is a place south east of you called Durhamtown Plantation, Union Point,that a friend Mike owns. Do you or your friends ride down there? Its a neat place to ride that has some history too. Anyhow check out the site along with KTMtalk for parts and info and other POGers. I thought of you yesterday when reading Craigslist as there was a running 250 Ossa engine for sale best offer. That would be a good engine for your frame. You could make a Pentossa. Its probrobly been done but it would be unique. Easy,TooTallPaul

tmc3c

MattyQ, I live in Greer S.C. which is outside of Greenville S.C.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

glb1glb1

Matty Q, I live in Flowery Branch (Gainesville). I have several Pentons. I have been mainly just looking at them but have recently started riding and working on them again. Where are you located?

Greg Bostwick

74 Berkshire 100
73 Jackpiner 175
97 KTM 200
74 OSSA 250 SDR
74 Berkshire 100
73 Jackpiner 175
97 KTM 200
74 OSSA 250 SDR

Steve Minor

Matt...You close to "the Big Chichen"? I lived in Atlanta 30+ years ago. I bought my 77' Penton 400 GS6 in Roswell, Ga....paid $1995 for it brand new. I looped it the first day I had it and broke the tail light, tore the seat and bent the bars....way too much power for me at that time. I still have it....been dragging it all over creation ever since.

I remember riding the Ballground Enduro one February (on a 72' 250 Husky WR). It was 17 degrees and sleeting...Boy what a day. I had to break the ice off my boots with a tire tool after the event. Ah the good ole days....

Sic um Dawgs!

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Steve Minor

Uggggg.......Steve Spurrier....need I say more?

OK enough of that. Lets keep to bikes. GO PENTON!!!

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

OhioTed

Hey, Steve - I was in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago.  Is your location - Wilmington - down there in the SE corner of the state?  How's the off-rode riding opportunities in that area?  Where do you guys go riding at?  What's the vintage motorcycle scene like?  Any shows?  Meets?  Events?  Any shops, or parts suppliers?  I'm checking out the area and trying to get a feel for what's going on.  Do you do any street riding?  What's that scene like?  I saw a lot of "straight" roads while there.

Steve Minor

Yes, Wilmington is in southeast NC, on the coast. I'm about 5 miles from the ocean. We have beautiful beaches but sorry to say Wilmington is not tuned into off roading...mostly surfing, fishing and all ocean watersports.

HOWEVER.....if you travel about 170 miles west of Raleigh (to Taylorsville, NC)you can go to Brushy Mountain Motor Sport Park. I've never been but I have a few Buds that say it's pretty cool place. They offer day passes as well as yearly memberships. Here's the link.

http://www.bmmspark.com/

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor