Mid Ohio Dreamin' on a monsoon day

Started by cubfan1968, June 08, 2008, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I'm setting in my front room looking out at the rain forest that is Nebraska. I haven't rode dirt since February (Arizona)and I got a severe dirt riding monkey on my back. All I can do is read magazines ans watch dirt riders on the tube.

What I was wondering what is the schedule of POG events at Mid Ohio this year. My brother is joining me this year and we are both looking foward to the festivities.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

chicagojerry

i can't speak to the POG activities but here is a link for the vmd schedule.
http://www.ahrma.org/previews/vmd.htm
i'm sure that there will be a posting here of POG events before too long.  chi jer

socalmx

It never rains in sunny California :)

Rain Man

Ya and I bet ya miss the quagmires too !!  I've never ridden a bike  where I didn't have to wash 3" of mud off it at the end of the day.
  Its just another part of the challenge :)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

chicagojerry

i can't speak to the POG activities but here is a link for the vmd schedule.
http://www.ahrma.org/previews/vmd.htm
i'm sure that there will be a posting here of POG events before too long.  chi jer

socalmx

It never rains in sunny California :)

Rain Man

Ya and I bet ya miss the quagmires too !!  I've never ridden a bike  where I didn't have to wash 3" of mud off it at the end of the day.
  Its just another part of the challenge :)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

cubfan1968

It's a month since I last made this post. My riding area is still under water and alot of the trees are probably setting in another state after the wind storm we had last week. I'm jonsin' bad for some dirt bike activity.

Any new news about the POG agenda for Mid Ohio? My brother is really geeked about the trip. I truely believe he has purchased enough food to feed a small country.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

vmxracer

well, who thinks we can make it through the whole VMD weekend without it raining?

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Rain Man

probly cool it off a bit anyway

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

It'll be sunny and cool. My prediction.[8D]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

vmxracer

wel, let's hope it is!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Paul Danik

POG agenda for Mid-Ohio, we will be adding to this as needed.

Thursday is set up day.

For anyone who has never been to VMD, the POG has a large tent erected in our booth spaces.  This tent becomes the gathering place for many Penton / POG folks.  Lots of old dealers, former Penton employees, POG members, and even JP himself use the tent as a home base during VMD.

Any and all Penton motorcycles are welcome to be displayed in the POG booth area.  A side note to this is the fact that some of the barn fresh machines with their battle scares intact draw as much attention as the beautiful restorations, so don't be bashful about what you wheel in.  

John Penton is the Legend for the Cross Country on Friday, not sure of the time but someone will post it for us, Jerry??

We always have a POG / Penton picnic dinner Sat. night at the tent, I believe the dinner will start at 5, after the dinner we will be having our annual VMD POG meeting.

Paul

chicagojerry

timing for the C-C race is as follows. all times on friday
7- 9 sign-up and tech
9:15  riders meeting
9:30 sighting lap (all riders)
10 am vintage race  exp and int
12 pm  novice race
2 pm  pv race exp and int
4: 30  trophies
 i'm pretty bummed that i can't ride it.:( knee surgery this thurs.
chi jer
also, this one is for amber. the course is challenging, but rideable for all. we made sure that on any of the hills that were a little steep that we had a good straight on, run-up to them. we have also made provisions on rerouting if necessary if the weather affects the ability to get up some of the hills. but again, its all rideable, we even cut out most of the logs to allow for low pipes,  chi jer [8D]

vmxracer

Jerry,
thank you for the track information. i think this year i am just going to be an observer. and i will see how the track is laid out. so i guess for now, i am sticking with motocross. but watch for me on the cross country track soon!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"