What style of Headlight for 1970 125

Started by ktmkirk, November 27, 2001, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmkirk

Can anyone describe the style of Headlight that would be found on a 1970 Steel tank 125?
Would it be the Silver CEV Headlight that were found on the later Pentons, Or the green teardrop style that were found on the 68 models. I am also looking for the correct speedo mount and tailight as well...Thanks,

Kirk Sessions

OUCWBOY

Kirk,
I have one that will fit on a steel tanker, 69-71. Let me know if you're interested. It was a CEV silver in color. I'm not too sure I have the ears though, but I'll look tomorrow.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

ktmkirk

Quotequote:
Kirk,
I have one that will fit on a steel tanker, 69-71. Let me know if you're interested. It was a CEV silver in color. I'm not too sure I have the ears though, but I'll look tomorrow.
Donny
Donny,
I have one of the silver CEV's to put on. I wasn't sure it was the right type.. I believe that there was 2 sizes of CEV lights, One smaller than the other.  Do you know if this is true?  I am still interested in the CEV light that you have. I can be reached at 937- 845-5958....Kirk

OUCWBOY

Kirk,
I'll try to call tomorrow PM. Yes I think there were 2 sizes. But, I know that the Steel Tankers used the larger one. I live in CA and will be home from work about 6 or 6:30pm Pacific time. If you don't hear from me before then, please call me @ 619-390-4818 at home. Or call me at work (Boot Barn) between 9:30am and 5:30pm @ 619-441-8111
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders

My original 1971 Steel Tank Six Day has the smaller silver CEV light. It mounts to the forks with two fork clamp brackets and two rubber exhaust pipe bushings. The speedo is mounted with a bracket that attaches with one bolt into the center hole in the middle of the triple clamp.

OUCWBOY

After thinking about it, the 71 did have a small light. My 69 when I bought it new did have the larger one.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR