Vintage Trail Ride

Started by Paul Danik, June 15, 2008, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Just a reminder that the Vintage Trail Ride is only a week away.  Below is some information that Steve Barber has provided about the ride and the flier for the event.
Paul

The Enduro Riders Association would like to invite you to our Vintage Trail Ride in McArthur, Ohio . The ride will be June 22 2008 starting at the Vinton County Junior Fairgrounds on state route 93, 1 mile north of McArthur, Ohio . The ride will consist of many of the trails from our Little Burr vintage enduro we held last year. The course will be 68 miles with gas at 30 miles, then we will provide lunch and another 42 miles of harder trail for those inclined. The ride will be in Zalaski State Forest near Lake Hope where the Little Burr enduro started for many years, more info is on the flier . headlight, taillight and license plate attached to rear fender ,"look legal" hope to see you there.
Steve Barber
614 582 7821 or [email protected] for more info.

p3mn256

paul and anyone interested  i made another post under penton racing talk  
updating the gas and mileages.  check it out and if any questions please call    614-582-7821   or   6124-891-1369  steve

steve barber
steve barber

Gary Roach

Thank-you Enduro Riders Assoc and Steve Barber.
What a fun and memorable day! The monsoon rains the night before made the trails have "character." It was slippery and slimy in some spots and just down right beautiful in others, it was "Southern Ohio." I got to ride with a very elite group: Paul Danik, Jack Penton, Dennis Brown and Paul Busick. It was an honor and a real treat. My vintage bike wasn't ready for the weekend, so I rode my modern 250 4strk KTM that is set up for dual sporting. A Lt wt as far as dual sport bikes go, but still very heavy when you have to lift it up-just ask Mr. Busick..thank you for the assists(yes that is multiple) It didn't really help equal anything out, Paul & Jack still haul on the trails. Someone forgot to tell them it was muddy...I don't know how long they had to wait for us at the end of each trail section, but they never complained-that's the great thing about trail rides. At one point, Paul did mention what an adventure  story Ted Guthrie would have had if he had been able to be with us.
I now have bragging rights about "who" I trail rode with. If you had told me 20 yrs ago (ok, 30yrs ago) I would have never believed it. Thanks again guys for a memorable ride. When my hubby got home from the GNCC in NC, he did say we needed to talk about my choice of riding buddies ;)...
Toni [:X]