Malcom Smith tank problem

Started by 83husky250, June 18, 2008, 08:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

83husky250

Just bought a 4 gallon Malcom Smith off  Ebay and found the threaded insert for the petcock was missing.  It was the KTM/Husky 4 gallon  tank and I wonder if any of you would have a suggestion on how I could rig up an insert/petcock.  Those tanks were to use a stock Husky or KTM petcockbut as long as it works, I don't care.

Rain Man

Glass, steel, aluminum or plastic tank ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

83husky250

Plastic tank.  Approximately 9/16 inch hole on petcock side, I am missing the threaded insert that was to be wire guided to the hole with an o ring inside the tank.  There are no mounting holes (as with a Clarke) on either side of the hole.

Gary Roach

83husky250,

I've seen some aftermarket plastic tanks that have a grommet that you push into the hole, and then you push the petcock into the grommet. Some Can Am's used this same setup. I'm not sure if this one is the correct size or not, but it's available from RTR Moto (//www.rtrmoto.com) for $19.99.

Gary

Steve Minor

I have a Winsor tank for a 77 GS6 that uses this set up.....It's a spare and I've never put gas in it so I can't swear it doesn't leak. I do know it's a very tight fit though.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor