Mid Ohio "Thanks"

Started by Kip Kern, July 27, 2008, 08:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Just returned from M/O and another great year celebration of the Penton.  Many thanks to the POG staff and especially to Al and Dale Buehner for the fantastic feed and family atmosphere.  Had a chance to visit with many great friends and place some new faces with names.  Hope everyone has a safe trip home.  Looking forward in next years event.  Thanks to everyone for such a great time! See you at the KTM/Penton reunion, September!:D

Mike Berrington

WOW what an impressive event.

I have heard about it for years but this was our first year, and it exceeded all of my and my son's expectations!   I could have bought a lot more stuff ... I saw a lot of things I "needed"...( my wife appreciated the restraint:)).
I also enjoyed touching base with more super friendly and helpful POG members.  My son even enjoyed having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance to get his piece of cake from Dale .... Good fun!

Look forward to the 40th ... hope to see everyone there.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner  
77 GS6
88 YZ250
03 YZ450F
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

thrownchain

My third year, another good one. Thanks goes out to Mike Winters for the hospitality at his swap site again this year. Good to meet Gary Ellis and Kip Kern, and of course the Jones brothers, Mike G and the rest of the POGgers. I'm getting better at putting faces and names together, so it's getting to be more fun.  [^]

Ernie Phillips

Our second year and PENTONVILLE was tops!!  Thanks to all and especially the meal sponsors. If someone could list them, it would be nice to acknowledge their involvement.  Since our crew was racing Friday & Saturday we would buzz over, grab a bite, gab a bit and then head back to the dirt action.  That J P Reuben sandwich: yum-yum (apples slices - who would'a thought...)   Great visiting with old friends and making new ones.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

454MRW

Great friends, fantastic food, perfect weather, and an awesome display of super bikes! Who could ask for anything more? I told my son Steven, who enjoyed the event thoroughly as well, that this is my idea of the perfect camping out adventure, and can't wait to do it again next year.
Lew, btw, thanks for the front brake pads, I'll return the favor somehow...Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Lew Mayer

Mike, you're welcome.
The guy had two more sets, not one.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Mick Milakovic

Lew, thanks for the "push" on Black Beauty; ambr got two seconds for second overall behind the national champ.  If I could get her to ride more she'd be the champ!  Thanks again,

Mick

Mick

Lew Mayer

Glad to hear she did well. Tell her I said Congratulations.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tooclose racing

ERNIE! The suspense is killing me.  How did the Pentons do in the Vintage 100 and 125 classes this year? [:p]

baxtermcc

Mick,
Glad to hear Amber did well. Michala formed an instant bond with Amber and it really made her weekend.  I see the distinct possibility of another Penton on the starting line in the lady's class soon.
Bob McCullough

Ernie Phillips

tooclose,  Penton results @ Mid-Ohio VMX

100cc - Intermediate
1. Tom Flores (1-4) Penton
2. David Perrett (6-2) Hodaka
3. Paul Stannard (3-5) Hodaka
4. C. Phillips (8-1) Penton
5. Andy Germann (5-11) Hodaka

Classic 125cc - Intermediate
1.  E. Phillips (1-1) Penton
2.  Kevin Outland (2-2) Penton
4.  Chuck Reuben (?-?) Penton

Check the Racing section in a day or two and I'll post a detailed write up.  It was exciting.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Lew Mayer

Ernie,
I have a picture or two of you from the CC if you want them.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Ernie Phillips

Lew,  Yes, I'd like the photos:  [email protected]

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Bill Ryburn

Lew: I need some photos from the CC at Mid Ohio. Teddy Landers talked me into "volunteering" to again write the Vintage Views article about the CC event, and I am permitted to include two photos with the article.
I would also appreciate any comments/observations/stories from other folks. I have limited space in Vintage Views, so there is no guarantee that I can include all comments, but I will try. I will probably also plagarize from Ernie Phillips writeup as soon as he posts.
Thanks to all.  Bill Ryburn   [email protected]

vmxracer

To: Mr. Lew Mayer
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! i know you said you didnt do much really but i would have felt so awful had i not been able to race my favorite bike in the world! and a thank you goes to Gary Ellis too.
and Mr. McCullough it was really nice to meet your daughter. It was nice to have another girl race fan. I just wish we didnt live so far away! so tell Michala I said hi!
and one last thing... Mr. Phillips, how did Christopher end up doing in his class?

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"