72 6 Day tail/brake light

Started by paul, August 13, 2008, 12:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Hey, thanks to Rocket I have a brake light switch. This one may be for a Hare Scrambler. Is the one for a 6 day different if not how and where does this install. I know it goes to the brake pedal and kind of hangs on the metal loop but I cant see how it attaches to the brake pedal. Also, initially the tail light was dim even with some revs...I soldered a ground wire to the outside of the socket and am going to run it to where the fender mounts. Has anyone else had trouble getting a normal brightness out of these CEV tail lights? After 36 years I am installing the lighting kit. Hopefully I can get it street legal but dont want some big Buick mowing me down either. Thanks, TTPaul

Rocket

Paul
You need the spring that attaches from the switch to the bolt on the brake lever.  Send me your address and I will send you one.
Rod

paul

Hey, Rocket, I think the correct spring is on there and the 250 has a hole in the pedal I believe is supposed to be for the spring but non on the 125. Do they use the same switch? The one you brought is correct and for the Hare Scrambler but I'd like to use it on the six days as its ready to roll. What do you think about the ground? I am gonna try it with the new ground wire and see if it brightens up. Thanks Bro, sure missed y'all at mid Ohio. The week prior was expensive in Michigan and a friend died on his way to Sturgis so I cut my trip short. Easy,TTP