Birth Of Another Penton

Started by Admin, September 10, 2008, 03:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Hello everyone.

I want to share the 1974 125 Sixdays that I've been working on.

This bike was a true basket case. Only 50 percent of the parts were found when delivered; not the 100 percent complete bike promised by the seller. The seller was not a POG member; First lesson learned.

The frame and other parts were media blasted, primed and painted. I bought reproduction side covers and had them and the air box painted. The tank was sealed and painted, new decals were installed with new petcocks and fuel cap.

I purchased a rebuilt engine. A Mikuni carburetor was installed with a Motoplat ignition, new folding shifter and kick-starter.

The seat was gone so parts had to be purchased and then the seat was assembled.

Wheels were cleaned, new bearings, brakes installed. The rear wheel got new SS spokes.

The forks were disassembled, cleaned and new seals and wipers were installed.

A huge list of items were purchased including but not limited to front and rear fenders, shocks, cables, kill switch, Magura throttle, levers, grips, chain, front and rear sprockets, chain guard, case guard, brake shoes, tank strap, tank mounting felts, air filter, Circle F pipe, intake hose and clamps, front number plate, exhaust mounts and springs, and lots of miscellaneous hardware.

A good friend of mine, Stan Beni finished the assembly due to my health. Thanks Stan you are a true brother and you are welcome at our home anytime.

I realize this bike is not 100% correct but that's ok by me.

Thank you to my wife Sharon Wade, Stan Beni, Ron Carbaugh, Dennis Jones, Al Buehner, Marc Biro, Larry Perkins, Tom Brosius, Brian Milani, Don Roth and the POG group for giving their time, resources and encouragement.  Also Mr. Penton; you influenced many lives.

God Bless you all.

Doug Wade
La Vergne TN

firstturn

Doug,
  Great job and your Friend is a saint for his help.  In helping other POG members you sometimes learn that you are dealing with wonderful people that so a lot more than like motorcycles.  In this case Doug and his Bride(Sharon) take a special bred of dogs that need homes and the get them ready for adoption[^]. You guys do a lot for society.  Thanks....and I hope to see the Penton soon.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Doug,
 The bike looks great. Hope you can get to ride it some and really enjoy it. Where did you buy the front fender? I need a new one for my 73 Six-day.
 John D.

wade195

Thanks for the kind words.

Both front and rear fenders are from DC plastics.

It will be an honor to meet you all next weekend.

Blessings

Doug Wade

tmc3c

Doug, Nice looking bike!! You will find that you will use the word "BROTHER" around here a lot!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rfpotter

Good job Doug. Persistence is our most valuable tool we have sometimes. Hope your health and strength are improving.

Patrick Houston
Cosby, Tennessee

hankthecrank

Hello Doug. Great job on the rebuild. Is'nt it cool to see the finished bike and relive all the steps along the way? See ya soon. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Bamamarc

Doug
Great looking ride. Pipe realy looks good. I am thinking about cleaning mine up and setting it next to the Harescrambler. A Mint 400 would look good in the lineup. No $$$$$ now, college.
Marc

sixdazed

Hi Doug,Nice job.Hope you are feeling better.
                                                 Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...