'76 175

Started by Matt Browne, September 30, 2008, 07:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Roach

Hi Raymond,

Yes, it was on the CC course.

Gary

Rain Man

Thats a wicked cool shot Gary, the ones we like most, Pentons in action !!  
I was a bit curious of the race cause of the head light. It looked like the course is/was fenced in.
 I know the 4 wheelers have been running lights on the flat track courses, and I dont like it.  the price for running non sanctioned/outlaw tracks. (more crashes of course  :()
 Ces't le vie.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Gary Roach

The only reason why the bike the has a headlight is that it was on the bike when we bought it, and Toni wanted to leave it on.

The original plan was for the riders to ride the woods and MX coarse on every lap. But the only way to get between the MX coarse and the woods was to use a few hundred yards of the parking area. With the thousands of people walking around, they needed to keep someone from walking into the path of the bikes, so they put up a fence. The fence went the whole distance between the MX coarse and the woods except for a section was left open for the road that passes through the middle of the parking area. The road is used by vehicles and spectators alike, and the fence opening was controlled by officials. But some of the spectators got impatient and started crossing the track while the race was going on. The race officials felt that the situation was getting too dangerous and decided not to run the MX course anymore, so they took out a portion of the fence and looped the riders right back into the woods. The remaining fenced in area was used for the scoring tent, and also a place for the riders to pit. Thanks to Chicago Jerry's hard work, the fenced in area was the only part of the course that wasn't in the woods.